Author Topic: pictures from symposium  (Read 2317 times)

Karen

pictures from symposium
« on: June 26, 2011, 03:50:36 pm »
Has anyone posted pictures from the symposium?  Did anyone hear Jackie Diels talk?  I didn't get to go but would like to see pictures
Karen
     Surgery 12-17-03, nerve graft 1-04, 3.5 cm, facial paralysis, numbness and no hearing in left ear

Cheryl R

Re: pictures from symposium
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 04:25:25 pm »
Karen,    I sent some pics per email to some but here is beyond my knowledge.      I did not get as many as some years plus we did not manage to get us all together Sun before some had to leave.       I haven't tried to email Steve if he would like to do the work on here again for me.   
I did go to Jackies session and it is pretty much what she says at the previous ones.     She does now know of a muscle inside the mouth that she can help called the buccater (sp?)     That doesn't look quite right.      I did ask her about therapists in Europe and she says there are many esp in the Netherlands.       She is her usual nice and helpful self!                     I was very very impressed this year with the session on surgery for facial reanimation  by Dr Tessa Hadlock of the Mass. Eye and ear.      Her talk was very good and included even some some procedures for small work on the face done in the office.                                       I never got to hear much of what others thought of their sessions.      2 of mine were NF2 related so not what many go to. 
There was not the Fri night session by Jackie like last year.   
     Things were well put together for the symposium.          Food good like usual.       A very neat ice cream shop a block and a half down from the hotel  that is famous in Ohio.    Graeters.     Many from the symposium made it down there.                    The hotel room was ok as ours was small but some had a bigger room.    Ours looked down on top of Macy's roof which was right across the steet.     You could see the river and the  bridge over to Kentucky from the other side.  I have a pic of that too.                              So glad I got to go and will just see for future ones since this was no 5.           There is a couple from MI that was no 10.   
                                          Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care