Author Topic: rescheduled!!!!  (Read 2049 times)

superrmaren

rescheduled!!!!
« on: July 14, 2006, 12:13:02 pm »
hey all

remember i said my surgery was scheduled for july 10th?
well, i didnt have it! i was laying on the bed, wearing the nice gown, iv in my arm, and the doctors decided not to go ahead with it because i have an infected bug bite! i am on antibiotics for 2 weeks and am rescheduled for august 7th -- which is forever away.
just more time to be nervous, i guess! 
thanks for your well-wishing and prayers -- everybody just forgot one thing -- a freakin' bug bite!! lol
xox 
"the good old days weren't always good, and tomorrow ain't as bad as it seems"

4.5cm tumor resected at Johns Hopkins in 2006.  Drs. Tamargo and Minor
numerous facial plastic surgeries
12-7 nerve graft 2008
platinum eye weight removed 2009
deaf right - BAHA
residual balance issues
severe dry

HeadCase2

• Carpe Grog
Re: rescheduled!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2006, 01:27:30 pm »
superrmaren,
  I'm sure that the cancelation was very anticlimactic.  Maybe the experience will allow you to be more relaxed on Aug 7th.  My original surgery date was bumped a week when someone with a hugh AN needed more imediate treatment than I did.  But I heard about the date change a week or so before the original surgery date, so it wasn't really a shock.
  In retrospect, I was probably more keyed-up before surgery than I realized at the time.  I hope you enjoy another few weeks of summer before your treatment.
Regards,
 Rob
1.5 X 1.0 cm AN- left side
Retrosigmoid 2/9/06
Duke Univ. Hospital

GrogMeister of the PBW

chelsmom

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2006, 02:06:02 pm »
I know the wait can be horrible but going through the trial run the first time will probably make you a little more at ease on Aug. 7th.  I've been wondering how you were doing but figured since you were doing the posting we'd all have to wait until you were up and around and back to you computer.  So in the mean time you are in my prayers....  Michelle

jacobs

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2006, 08:23:39 pm »

Hi,I have been checking for updates on you as well.Iin a way it's good to know that the surgery wasn't so urgent that they can afford to wait a month.Hope you have some fun in the interim and stay away from those bugs!

Tracey
Translab April 24,2006 3.5x2.5cm
Sunnybrook Hospital,Toronto.Dr.Chen&Dr.Perusmen
Left side facial paralysis,gold weight in eyelid &"deaf on the left"
now I'm a true canadian...EH?