Author Topic: House in LA / Finances Questions  (Read 3130 times)

mindyandy

• Loving Life
House in LA / Finances Questions
« on: January 14, 2012, 11:31:40 am »
Thank you Steph for giving me a heads up. Steph is having surgery coming up here next week. House called her this week telling her how much she will need to bring for surgery. Deductible /good faith deposit. So I emailed the insurance lady at house & asked her what amount I will need to bring. My insurance is in network ...phew.
im all worried because I will have enough to fly out & stay etc but now if I have to bring more im not sure if I can. Any advice?  Did everyone have to pay deductible right then? I think they should tell you this when you schedule not a week before. 
Mindy
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: House in LA / Finances Questions
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 03:20:50 pm »
Mindy .....

Call the insurance person at House and clarify this.  In all likelihood it is negotiable.  I paid a $500+ good faith deposit and a couple weeks after I got home, had a check in the mail for the entire amount.

Explain your financial situation ..... be nice, but not bashful and I feel certain they will work with you ..... especially if your insurance is in network.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

mindyandy

• Loving Life
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 03:39:33 pm »
Thanks Clarice I will do that. I can pay $500 but probably not more. Do you mind if I ask how much good faith?  You got the full amount back? Isn't that your deductible?
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 03:54:21 pm »
Sorry, I did not make that very clear.  The approximately $540 was the "good faith" amount that I got all back.  I also had to pay $200 and something to St. Vincent's that was the remainder of my hospital deductible, which I did not get back.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011