Author Topic: Prayers for Kim  (Read 2638 times)

schmidtkat

Prayers for Kim
« on: September 08, 2011, 04:12:30 pm »
Hello AN family,

I have the great news today that I am being released to go home from the HEI. I'm 6 days post-op from my 3cm AN. Doing remarkably well.

However, I have met a new friend out here that could sure use your support. Her name is Kim and she is from Florida.  Kim just came out of her procedure today. Spoke with her Aunt and Uncle who are staying here at Seton Hall. They don't have an update yet on the results. She is quite scared and has a limited support system. My heart goes out to her, and I know this forum is a phenominal place for support.

I hope to help her family find this before I leave.
Kathy

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Prayers for Kim
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 04:29:28 pm »
Kathy ~

Congratulations on being released for home (from HEI).  Kudos to you, too, for your concern over another AN surgical patient at House.  I can assure you that Kim will be our prayers.  I hope you told her about the ANA website and the forums.  She'll be warmly welcomed here.  I'll look for her.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

deheisel11

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 07:19:02 am »
Welcome to the other side, Kathy.  You must have done well at HEI.  I cannot imagine Kim going through the surgery and recovery with little support.  I was lucky to be surrounded by family.  I will definitely say a prayer for Kim.
translab surgery of 2.6cm neuroma, right side, by Dr. Welling at Ohio State, 6-18-10.  BAHA base placed on same day.  Facial paralysis. Gold weight 7-14-10.

schmidtkat

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 09:15:52 am »
Update on Kim' progress.
I received an email from Kim's Aunt and Uncle, Susan and Moe.
Kim is doing well but the left side of her face is swollen. She was moved to a regular room on Thursday, able to eat and walk a little. Some hearing is suspected to have been preserved during her mid-fos. approach. Drs. are hopeful her side effects will all go away with some time.
Please keep her in your prayers for a successful recovery.
Kathy

ombrerose4

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011, 12:53:45 pm »
Happy to hear you are doing well! I am sending prayers for Kim!
Retrosigmoid 9/24/09
AN 2.4+ cm left side
Mount Sinai Hospital, NYC (Dr. Bederson and Dr. Choe)
BAHA surgery 1/4/2010