Author Topic: returning to work too  (Read 2647 times)

mattsmum

returning to work too
« on: September 07, 2011, 01:23:25 pm »
i am returning to work too.
next week i start a phased return over 6 - 8 weeks. i have not been at work for almost 2 1/2 years - i took a career break to care for my son. 6 months in i was diagnosed with the AN and had radiosurgery 14/12 ago now. i have had a lot of troubles with the AN since - and still do!
even without the AN and its associated problems - going back would be challenging enough - but with half my hearing, big balance issues, co-ordination difficulties and troublesome trigeminal nerve symptoms it is going to be even more so. and some...
and today my ent has decided to bring forward my MRI. ho hum!
LINAC radiosurgery july 2011 for 1.5cm tumour (uk)

Shawn713

Re: returning to work too
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 06:53:22 am »
Good luck!  I hope your transition back to work goes well!  I just had my first 6 month MRI and it showed no real growth, just maybe some slight plumping of the tumor due to the radiation.

Shawn

mattsmum

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 09:54:49 am »
hi shawn - great to hear the good news from your mri! and thanks for the good luck wishes.

vikki

ombrerose4

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 12:50:37 pm »
I understand how hard returning to work is. Three days in and I am so tired, I can't imagine how a 5 day week is going to feel. But I like this new job (at least so far), so I will push on through. Good luck to you on your return- you're lucky that you get to do it gradually. Hopefully that will help you build up your stamina. Let us know how it goes.
Retrosigmoid 9/24/09
AN 2.4+ cm left side
Mount Sinai Hospital, NYC (Dr. Bederson and Dr. Choe)
BAHA surgery 1/4/2010

mattsmum

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 05:12:47 am »
thankyou omberose - yes, my occy health deptartment have been good so far! i hope you continue to enjoy your job, and don't get too exhausted.

vikki

mattsmum

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 08:21:07 am »
i did 2 half days last week - and slept in the afternoons! i was so much more tired than before all this...
i also found i am a lot more wobbly on my pins in the work environment, and for a good while afterwards. not fallen over yet 'though!
this week will try for 3 half days.
vikki