Author Topic: 56 % WRS and mod to mod severe loss...is it worth saving whats left?  (Read 1615 times)

stephSF

• Live each day to the fullest.
Hi.  I am still reading posts.  My last audiogram showed 56% word recognition with mod to severe and various other numbers I am still trying to desipher.  If I had to choose between my facial nerve and hearing nerve, well, I really want to look good!  My hearing started going back in 1994!  This year, I had a sudden plugged and full feeling with the tinnitus very disruptive.  Just wondering if anyone had a similar audiogram, my AN is 1.6 cm....I am waiting to see the folks at HEI.  I am asking a million questions, praying, and obsessively reading the posts here.  Thanks for any thoughts or experiences.
Stephanie
1.6 cm AN Translab with Dr.'s Friedman and Shwartz with HEI on 1-25-2012.  I am doing great!  Surgery saved my life :).   Be brave, have a great attitude, and hire the best surgical team!!!!

JAndrews

Re: 56 % WRS and mod to mod severe loss...is it worth saving whats left?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 07:43:30 pm »
House will let you know if you have hearing worth saving or not. I had a hearing test at House the day prior to having surgery with them. They will decide which approach to use based on whether or not you have salvagable hearing and where the tumor exactly is. You are going to be ok. I know how scared you are right now. They are the best!
2.5cm x2.0cm cerebellapontine angle meningioma. 100% removal 2/2009. House Ear Institute. Dr Brackmann and Dr. Schwartz. SSD right ear. No balance problems except when really tired, no headaches. Transear hearing aide made no difference, tried it for 4 months.