Author Topic: Can someone please fill me in on the pirate stuff ??  (Read 3018 times)

tatianne

Can someone please fill me in on the pirate stuff ??
« on: July 28, 2006, 05:58:53 am »
 :D  I feel a little lost and i would love to know the story behind the pirate socks.
Waith and Watcher
July 2006 8mm
Jan 2007 9.5 mm
Jan 2009 1.4 cmm x 5mm
GK surgery completed on May 4, 2009 in Sherbrook Quebec, hoping and praying this will be the beginning of the end of my AN......

Battyp

Re: Can someone please fill me in on the pirate stuff ??
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 06:00:41 am »
For that you'd have to become a wench!  read the good morning thread and that will pretty much explain how crazy we can get around here :o)  Just remember laughter is the best medicine sometimes :O)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006, 06:03:19 am »
Hi tatianne:

Ok... may be a bit of reading for you, but in this section (General Discussion), if you look for the "Good Morning" thread.. and go back to... oh, say somewhere around page 30... our writer south of the equator (Laz/Larry), started to write us a story about all of us AN'ers sailing in a pirate vessel, the Princess Battywench (named for Battyprincess here)... well, Capt'n Deb first logged onto this site with a different screen nic and changed it to Capt'n Deb, so now she is the Pirate wench capt'n of the vessel... and we are now all the swashbucklers and pirate wenches of the vessel. It has taken off so much here that many of us now reference pirate issues, clothing, toys at McDonalds (for Pirates of the Carribean), etc...

I bet if you talk sweet nothings to Laz in French, he will adore you! :)  BTW, by being on this site, you are already made a Pirate Wench! Just watch out for Laz (on a good day, with no headaches)... he may strap you to the vessel and make you the new masthead! :)

Welcome aboard! :)
Phyllis
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

tatianne

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 06:09:26 am »
i agree. laughter and un are the best medicine and in that case im proud to be a wench on this vessel and i will go find myself some sock !!! :D
Waith and Watcher
July 2006 8mm
Jan 2007 9.5 mm
Jan 2009 1.4 cmm x 5mm
GK surgery completed on May 4, 2009 in Sherbrook Quebec, hoping and praying this will be the beginning of the end of my AN......

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2006, 06:31:08 am »

A little known history fact ... most pirate's are pictured with a eye patch right? .. its because they have dry eye from AN surgery!  ;)
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

matti

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2006, 10:29:11 am »
AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRGGH Tatianne Wench and welcome aboard the good ship PBW.
The "good morning" thread is a definite must read :o as you can see by the number of views. Thanks to Laz and Capt. Deb we have traveled to some exotic locations and gotten ourselves in to and out of a little mischief. As you will see, Chocolate is our drug of choice ;)

Hugs,
Cheryl

3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50