Author Topic: 9 weeks post op trans lab.....hi friends!!  (Read 2878 times)

stephSF

• Live each day to the fullest.
9 weeks post op trans lab.....hi friends!!
« on: March 27, 2012, 12:55:17 pm »
I haven't been here for awhile, so I tout I would come here to say hi to my friends and welcome to the newbies.  It was just 5 months ago I got the dx and 9 weeks ago I had surgery to remove it.  They got most of it.  In order to spare my facial nerve  for facial function a small piece of the sac was left.  I will have aMRI I'm July to make sure it fizzled away.  I have done really great. You know, SSD is a little challenging in certain places but it is not the end of the world.  I have lots of energy and started vestibular PT last week.  I am not sure if it is helping yet.  I don't really have much of a balance problem and am hoping it helps with wonki.  Over all I am doing great and laugh lot and am greatful for all things.  I am still me but better I think.  thank you to tht ANA forum for the support during the time after dx throu surgery.  It helped me so much having great people to share with.  Love you guys
Steph SF
1.6 cm AN Translab with Dr.'s Friedman and Shwartz with HEI on 1-25-2012.  I am doing great!  Surgery saved my life :).   Be brave, have a great attitude, and hire the best surgical team!!!!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: 9 weeks post op trans lab.....hi friends!!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 02:51:30 pm »
Hi, Steph ~

Its great to see your post and learn that you're doing so well!  What an encouragement!  Your attitude is fantastic and I'm sure it has helped you through this.  I agree that being SSD is a nuisance but hardly the end of the world, as you put it.  Thanks for the generous words for the ANA site and forums.  We love you too, Steph!  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 06:39:02 am »
Heya Steph!! Glad to see you've made it to postie-land! :)  I know a lot has changed for you in 5 months, but just know that you are still healing and will do so for some time yet to come. It sounds like you are doing very well for yourself, so just keep that positive attitude up and you'll do just fine! Take care and let us know how it goes!
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston

james e

• 72 years, 1.7cm, trans lab Mar 2010, BAHA 5
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 10:56:53 am »
I always am happy to hear from a new postie that everything went fine. This is great news for you and it is also great for new people on this site...this is usually  what we hear following surgery...everything went as planned. Keep up with the PT. It was actually fun for me. Keep us updated.

James

Marc

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 07:28:13 am »
Steph,
Thanks for posting your positive outcome.  It's uplifting for me to "right side only" hear this:)  I'm likely having surgery in the next 4-6 weeks.
-Marc
4x3x3 Vestibular Schwannoma
Translab @ HEI 04/19/2012
Left SSD, mild facial weakness

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 08:34:55 am »
Hey Steph .....

So glad you are continuing to do so well!  The vestibular rehab exercises really do speed up the balance recovery process.  Lots of walking in a safe environment is very helpful too.

Keep up the good work!

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011