Author Topic: Hotels in Los Angeles  (Read 3483 times)

lrobie

Hotels in Los Angeles
« on: May 10, 2012, 12:16:46 pm »
My family has decided that we are going to forgo staying at Seton Hall while we are in Los Angeles.  The days prior to my surgery, we are going to stay near Disneyland.  However, I'm looking for a hotel where we can stay that is somewhat close to St. Vincent Medical Center.  I know House gives you a list of hotels, but some are already booked for my dates and the others don't have restaurants near them where you don't have to know Spanish.  We planned to rent a car for our stay and would not want to be more than 30 minutes away.  I've been looking at the Marriott brand hotels because they have suites with kitchens, but there are so many to choose from.

Thanks in advance.

Lisa
6/2009 7mm x 4mm  W&W
8/2011 9.5mm x 5mm
2/2012 UPMC Follow-up , slight growth
Surgery on 7/18/12 w/Drs. Friedman & Schwartz (mid-fossa)
www.caringbridge.org/visit/lisarobie

cindyj

Re: Hotels in Los Angeles
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 01:10:02 pm »
Lisa,  my mom & I stayed at the Kyoto Hotel and Gardens after I was released from the hospital - it's one of the ones on the House list.  There were several places to eat nearby and we felt quite safe there.  If that's one that is all booked up, maybe try to contact Nancy who used to be a regular here on the forum.  She lives out in LA and has been an invaluable source to many of us who went out to House.  She could probably suggest a good place to stay.  Her user name here on the forum is NL - you can look her up under Member search and send her a PM.  Or if you can't reach her that way, let me know and I'll try to contact her for you and get the two of you connected.

cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

It is what it is

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 07:10:37 am »
I also would appreciate information on hotels around St. Vincent's hospital. Thanks. 
.7cm, left side AN , Tinnitus, Hearing preserved, Middle Fossa 8/1/12 at HEI, Drs Friedman and Schwartz, Sharing your story is extremely helpful to me.

lrobie

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 12:55:00 pm »
If you look on the House website, they have a list of hotels that are discounted and are nearby.

Lisa
6/2009 7mm x 4mm  W&W
8/2011 9.5mm x 5mm
2/2012 UPMC Follow-up , slight growth
Surgery on 7/18/12 w/Drs. Friedman & Schwartz (mid-fossa)
www.caringbridge.org/visit/lisarobie

It is what it is

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 01:20:04 pm »
Thanks Lisa, but I am not able to find that information on the website. It's probably easily accessible but I can't seem to click the right place.   8)
.7cm, left side AN , Tinnitus, Hearing preserved, Middle Fossa 8/1/12 at HEI, Drs Friedman and Schwartz, Sharing your story is extremely helpful to me.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 01:29:07 pm »
From the HEI website:

Hotel accommodations (with descriptions and prices) in the vicinity of HEI are listed here:

http://www.houseearclinic.com/sites/default/files/docs/info/hotels-hec.pdf

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

It is what it is

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 01:31:21 pm »
Jim,  THANK YOU.    :)