Author Topic: I'm Out of Tune  (Read 8488 times)

shoegirl

Re: I'm Out of Tune
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2006, 02:04:00 pm »
Teasely,

Glad to hear you are doing better!  Hope you continue to feel good and all goes well!
left side 2.0cm x 1.3cm  
Cyberknife - 12/2005
The Barrow Institute, Phoenix, AZ

DistressedDB

• Deb's site
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2006, 01:10:22 pm »
Wondering if any of you have continued to experience the "out of tune" issues post CK?  It's been 7 months since my CK and my hearing has deteriorated by another 30% and the ringing has gotten much louder.  I've only got 40% hearing compared to 70% one year ago.  It's very disheartening...  Anyone experienced this length of time and change in results?  Did it eventually come back?  I'd love to hear some good news  :(
1.5cm X .09 cm - CyberKnife November 2005
April MRI shows small growth of 1.5 cm X 1.0 cm

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2006, 01:43:11 pm »
Wondering if any of you have continued to experience the "out of tune" issues post CK?  It's been 7 months since my CK and my hearing has deteriorated by another 30% and the ringing has gotten much louder.  I've only got 40% hearing compared to 70% one year ago.  It's very disheartening...  Anyone experienced this length of time and change in results?  Did it eventually come back?  I'd love to hear some good news  :(

saw your post on the CK support site as well about this very issue....  My hearing has had minimal deterioration but I'm only (almost) 4 mos out. Will be having hearing test this week as BI is brining me back in 8/14 for a follow up (was originally scheduled for October).   

BTW....short term memory loss does run rampant around AN patients, regardless of treatment plans... :)

xo
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

teasely

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2006, 07:13:57 pm »
Since I started this thread, I thought I'd add my additional experience if it helps anyone.  My "out of tune" thing went away after about a week.  It did return for a day again about a month later, but since that time, all is well.  However, the other week I did experience sudden loud ringing and very muffled hearing in my AN ear.  That too resolved itself within a couple of days.  Your symptoms are kind of hanging around, but I wouldn't doubt that they too are transitory.   Have you talked to your medical team about these issues?

janz

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2006, 09:25:55 am »
Dear Teasely,
I am so glad you decided to add to your "out of tune". I have just returned home from my GK procedure and I went to use the phone and I started in my AN ear and heard one pitch and then when I switiched to my "good ear" I heard a higher tone. I thought I was imagining it, even tried to imitate the sounds I heard to my family with my voice. Wondered whether I should contact the Dr/team who did the procedue. I also have felt like at times I am hearing things "underwater". It was a comfort to know a couple people have had the same side effects-didnt know they would happen so quickly, thought maybe  a few month down the road.  Thanks again for sharing. All the bes to you.

Janz
2 cm AN diagnosed April 2006
Gamma Knife August 2006
Dr. Lunsford, University of Pittsburgh