Author Topic: Charles Luetje  (Read 2218 times)

Kristen

Charles Luetje
« on: August 06, 2006, 09:02:25 pm »
My mother was just diagnosed with A.N. last week.  We are meeting with the ENT that diagnosed her this Wednesday and I have found a wealth of information on this website and others to take with me to the meeting. 

He has already made an appointment with a local neurotologist here in Kansas City where we live...so I am assuming this is the route he thinks he will be recommending.  My mother said that they told her it was still small, but I have no other details.   If we follow through with his advice, I keep reading that it is best to find someone that has a lot of surgeries under their belt.  I have only found one entry on Dr. Luetje on this website (it was positive).  Has anyone else used him?  Is there a way to find out his surgery history before we meet with him?

I am definately going to get copies of the MRI to House ASAP so that we will have that information before we meet with the local guy. 

Any advice would be great!  Thank you.

Boppie

Re: Charles Luetje
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006, 10:10:59 pm »
I don't have any information for you on the doctor, but I'd sure be willing to email and exchange information with your mother or to you as your plan progresses.  I'd imagine I am clse to your mother's age.  As you can see from the bottom of the screen, I had surgery.  I am in South Texas.  If I can help, please let me know.  My best wishes to you.

Obita

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 06:00:14 am »
Hello Kristen:

Dale from this forum had his surgery (translab) in mid April and Dr. Luetje was one of his surgeons.  He has nothing but good things to say about his surgical team. He is retired and on the road alot but checks in and posts often.  He came through surgery very well.  If you want,  check his posts as he has written about his recovery too.  He had no problems at all other than the usual minor post op stuff.

Best of luck to you and your Mom.  Kathy

ps:  his user name is Dale - everyone here calls him Road Trip Dale

Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

Road Trip Dale

• Dale - 6 days after surgery!
    • Frappr/dale
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 07:59:13 am »
Hi Kristen,

Kathy (Obita) emailed me and told me of your post.  Dr. Leutje was my principal surgeon and Dr. Camarata was the neurosurgeon.  As Kathy stated I had my surgery last April and to be honest I am as good now, if not better, than prior to the operation.  I have a few little quirks (ie don't swing dance to an up beat version of In The Mood, makes you real dizzy, but then it did prior to the operation too), but I'm one of the real lucky ones and feel it has to do with my surgical team.  Dr. Leutje is a friendly type of guy who is a little rough around the edges.  He won't lie to you and he won't give any false hopes.  If you ask can I play the violin again?  He'll tell you he doesn't have any clue, but that it should be okay.  His track record is great and if you are curious, he trained at the House Institute, which you read about on here all the time.  He and his partner Dr. Thedinger are THE AN docs in your part of the country.  I travel all the time but went from my place in Arizona back to KC just to have him do the work.  I've spoken with several people in the KC area offline who have used Mid-West Otological and they have agreed that they are the ones to see.

My email address is unhidden so if you have any specific questions please feel free to contact me.  Also I will be in the KC Metro area from Aug 10th to the 14th for some followup visits, so would be happy to talk with you and/or your mother.  Its a little scary but your mother would be under wonderful care with Dr. Leutje.

Road Trip
1.75 AN Right Side
Translab 4/16/06
Dr. Charles Leutje and Dr. Paul Camarata
St Luke's, Kansas City, MO