Author Topic: Breast cancer and acoustic neuroma?  (Read 13804 times)

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
Re: Breast cancer and acoustic neuroma?
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2012, 08:29:00 am »
Thanks for all of the replies!! I'm so glad that everyone is doing well and thank you so much for the well wishes! I will pass them along to my mother.

I think that breast cancer in particular is just so common that it's not overly suprising that many people have both an AN and breast cancer. My mother's doctor's also said the two were not related. However, it does make you think.

Another quick question: for those who had both cancer and and AN, do you have a strong history of cancer in your family? My grandmother had pancreatic cancer in her 70's, but besides that, we don't have much. Just wondering if anyone does have a strong history?

My family has a strong history of colon, breast, lung and pancreatic cancers but there is suppose to be no correlation with these and an AN ?? I myself have numerous tumors throughout my body most along the spine and these are suppose to be lipomas along with a benign breast tumor I had removed when I was around 34, seems to me just way too many tumors but still grateful that they are benign.

Best Wishes,
Diagnosed with a 1 cm. AN had Retrosigmoid
Approach surgery July of 2009, several problems after surgery.

skittles888

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2012, 07:04:37 pm »
Peggy43 -- have you been tested for any breast cancer genes? Were your family members diagnosed at a young age?

pjb - Oh no! That's a lot of different cancers so I'm sure they aren't related, but were they diagnosed at a young age or when they were older? It seems like most of these genetic cancer/tumor genes affect people at a younger age.

Also, lipomas are very common and apparently many people not only have them, but have lots of them. My husband has them all over too -- they look like little lumps under his skin. They are benign but annoying!

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2012, 08:24:08 am »
Peggy43 -- have you been tested for any breast cancer genes? Were your family members diagnosed at a young age?

pjb - Oh no! That's a lot of different cancers so I'm sure they aren't related, but were they diagnosed at a young age or when they were older? It seems like most of these genetic cancer/tumor genes affect people at a younger age.

Also, lipomas are very common and apparently many people not only have them, but have lots of them. My husband has them all over too -- they look like little lumps under his skin. They are benign but annoying!

Several of the cancers were at a young age by today's standards of young but my mom was 82 with the pancreatic cancer. Yes most of these lipomas are annoying the ones along the spine I am not sure if it is part of the back pain along with the discs for my discomfort. I had one huge one on my arm that had to be removed was entwining around the blood vessels the only scary part is the ones you cannot see can cause significant problems but are not usually found if not being tested for every little thing??

Best Wishes,

skittles888

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2012, 02:13:58 pm »
I think if they are different cancers, they probably aren't related. Do you know why you have the lipomas? Or did your dr just say it's random?
I just worry so much that the breast cancer is somehow related to the AN, but I suppose there is nothing we can do anyway.

Does anyone else have or have family history of cancer and AN? I think it would be really interesting to see how many people do.

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2012, 08:30:35 am »
I think if they are different cancers, they probably aren't related. Do you know why you have the lipomas? Or did your dr just say it's random?
I just worry so much that the breast cancer is somehow related to the AN, but I suppose there is nothing we can do anyway.

Does anyone else have or have family history of cancer and AN? I think it would be really interesting to see how many people do.

Hi just saw your post no the doctors have not said why some people get them just random but since I have been getting more and more of them I have been finding people that have it as well and some of them also have an AN and maybe the others might have it but just dormant. There has to be some kind of special bond we all share that have one of these maybe one day they will find the link?

Best Wishes,