Author Topic: Delivering twins on/near my 2nd ANniversary!  (Read 6169 times)

ksiwek

Delivering twins on/near my 2nd ANniversary!
« on: May 16, 2012, 09:20:51 am »
Hey Everyone!

I haven't been on the board much recently as I have been busy preparing for the birth of our twins! I am expecting boy/girl twins in a couple of weeks!  Coincidentally,  they will be arriving as I reach my post op 2 year mark (and my son's 2nd birthday  ;D)!

If you would have told me back then that I would feel strong enough and have enough faith to get me through another pregnancy, I would have never believed you...

My recovery took a long time both physically and mentally, but the perspective and joy that has come into my life is priceless.  I feel so incredibly blessed and lucky for so many reasons!  For one, this journey has allowed me to meet some of the most caring selfless people and I want to thank all of you again on this board for the support that was given to my family when I was treated and diagnosed.  The forum is such an incredible resource!

So far this pregnancy has been as normal as it could be for twins and we can't wait to meet them very soon...this time close to home and no craniotomy right after!

Now I just have to make it through that pesky MRI after I deliver...

Take care everyone!

Kris
Translab 6/4/10 for 4+ cm left AN.  Drs Friedman and Schwartz at HEI saved my life!
BAHA surgery on 10/7/10 with Dr Battista of Chicago Ear Institute (Oticon Ponto Pro)

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: Delivering twins on/near my 2nd ANniversary!
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 11:25:38 am »
Oh Kris ......

I had no idea you were expecting, let alone twins!!  What fun!!  Congratulations and we will expect pictures as soon as you are up to posting.

Many thoughts and prayers for an easy, uncomplicated delivery.  So glad this time you have been able to enjoy the pregnancy ...... well, as much as you can enjoy a temporary big belly.   ::)   ;D

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

Chances3

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 11:27:24 am »
Hi Kris,

That's a great post.  It's filled with so much encouragement and hope.  I want to repeat your praise for this site and the wonderful people that are on here.  There is so much thought, understanding and love from people who reply to our posts.

Good luck with the delivery - remember children are a blessing and we love them unconditionally, until they get their drivers license, ha ha - just kidding.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 12:30:47 pm »
Kris ~

Congratulations on the imminent arrival of your new boy and girl, your splendid AN recovery and your infectiously positive attitude!  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Cheryl R

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 12:37:49 pm »
Kris, what exciting news to us.       Congratulations and am happy for you and your family to enjoy a normal newborn life X 2 this time around.      I hope we get to see a pic in time.      May there never be any more AN worries for you and enjoy your little ones.                        Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 02:19:54 pm »
Dear Kris,

My, oh my what wonderful news that you have given us here on the forum and to coincide with your anniversary! May you replace a painful memory with a Joyous one! I can't wait! Please post pics if you can! Congratulations on your good news! Thank you for making our day brighter by your post!

Mike
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

ombrerose4

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2012, 04:00:19 pm »
Hi Kris,

That's exciting news, I am so happy for you and your growing family.
Retrosigmoid 9/24/09
AN 2.4+ cm left side
Mount Sinai Hospital, NYC (Dr. Bederson and Dr. Choe)
BAHA surgery 1/4/2010

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2012, 05:08:45 am »
congratulations on your plus package... as the mom of twins I know what you are in for ...alot of fun and work... hope delivery goes well... and send us some pictures

TWIN TIP... when your babies are little and getting up through the night for feeding , when one wakes up to eat and the other doesn't wake up... wake them up and feed them too... it took me several weeks to figure this out... my boys were 9 weeks early...when we finally got them home they were  waking up about every two hours to eat ... about the time I was drifting off to sleep the other would wake which made for a sleep deprived momma... it made life easier to get number two up and feed him
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

dalern

• My glass is always half full
    • www.dalebarnesrn.com
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2012, 01:25:16 pm »
This is such exciting news.  I am so thrilled for you.  How nice for you to have a more normal (as normal as twins can be) pregnancy!  Your attitude and outlook inspire us all.  Can't wait to see pictures!
Best to you and your family,
Dale
Dale Barnes, RN, MSN, CLNC
Tarzana, CA
1998 Sudden Onset Idiopathic Sensorineural  hearing loss diagnosed at House Ear Institute, Los Angeles
BAHA June 30, 2010 Dr. Jeffrey Harris UCSD San Diego

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2012, 05:14:46 pm »
Congratulation, Kris!

This is fantastic news!  As the mother of boy/girl twins myself, let me say that you have your work cut out for you - but you are someone who can definitely handle it.

Life will be very fast-paced with a two year old and twins.  My brother and his wife had a 18 month old son when their twins (girl/girl) were born.  Get your sleep now  ;D

Have you shared the good news with "our doctor"?

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

LADavid

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2012, 02:31:43 pm »
Congratulations, Kris.  I remember well the birth of your son and what  you went through during your stay here.  It's hard to believe that it's been two years!
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

JAndrews

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2012, 07:50:38 am »
Congratulations to you! I was there. I was diagnosed with my tumor when my daughter was just 8 weeks old. Looking back..wow..it was tough. But like you, here I am..a little over 3 years later and I am fine. No more children for me..2 is enough to keep my busy:) Your story is heart warming and has put a big smile on my face today. From one mother to another...I know where you were and know how grateful you feel today. Bless you, best wishes being sent your way. Life is soooooo good!
2.5cm x2.0cm cerebellapontine angle meningioma. 100% removal 2/2009. House Ear Institute. Dr Brackmann and Dr. Schwartz. SSD right ear. No balance problems except when really tired, no headaches. Transear hearing aide made no difference, tried it for 4 months.

Brewers7

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2012, 09:23:39 am »
Such happy news!  God bless you all.
Translab surgery 12/15/2008 followed by CSF leakage repair and 3 additional surgeries for MRSA of the brain (NOT typical) SSD,  facial and vocal cord paralysis, numerous reconstructive surgeries, Transear 12/2010

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2012, 06:34:54 pm »
I am so delighted for you! Enjoy all of your little ones - they grow so fast!
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13