Author Topic: Renaming your AN tumor----find a fitting name special GK/CK edition  (Read 4270 times)

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
Hi everyone,

I thought I would inspire those of you who are going along with some form of radiation treatment!

Those who have been following me since February know that I have been trying to minimize my AN by taking control of it conceptually by calling it "Irv" my mantra became Kill "Irv" I completed my mission along with the help of my Neurosurgeon Dr.Sisti and his bombardeer Dr. Isaacson at NY Presbyterian Hospital on Monday June 11.

I would now like to rename it.................wait...."Dead Irv"

Mike
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

MDemisay

Re: Renaming your AN tumor----find a fitting name special GK/CK edition
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 07:16:07 pm »
ANgels,

Do you think this is too cruel or just a little nutty? In 2004, I had a large AN tumor that I named "Irving" which I was terrified getting another brain operation, since I had already had one in 1974, anyway, what I thought was the final solution I had the tumor debulked at the time to "Ir" and then 8 years later it grew back "Irv" I called it.

Now that it I had the Gamma Knife radiation on June 11 giving it 12GY. I'd like to rename it to "Dead Irv"

Mike
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!

Archer

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 07:25:27 am »
RIP Ir.  Never to return!

Chances3

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 11:10:05 am »
Hey Mike,

You've been through a lot, but it hasn't affected your sense of humor - good for you.

Good Bye Irv.

MDemisay

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 12:21:02 pm »
Dear Archer and Chances3,

Land values in my brain have risen over the years with different procedures, LOL! As the tumor begins to swell and then to shrink, I think that I eventually will have more room for other thoughts. I think that humor was the most efficient way of dealing with the AN. After all, I tried being depressed in 2004. That failed miserably! Dealing constructively with it helped me to maintain a perspective on it.

Mental clarity was the key to its eventual defeat. I hope that one day we know the cause of these buggers. For now it remains a mystery, I know it seems as if we have found the cause (dental x rays and possibly cell phone use) but I think that there may be environmental factors tied to growth like the consumption of certain fat rich foods and additives that we may be overlooking.

Mike

It is what it is

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 06:36:54 am »
Has DEAD IRV been silenced?  Any side effects since your latest treatment?

Karen F
.7cm, left side AN , Tinnitus, Hearing preserved, Middle Fossa 8/1/12 at HEI, Drs Friedman and Schwartz, Sharing your story is extremely helpful to me.

MDemisay

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2012, 03:22:09 pm »
Dear It Is What It Is,

Dead IRV has been silent since 11:30 am on June 11th. Not a tremor or a peep out of the creep! ;D ;D ;D

No facial ticks to speak of either but once I did have a whirring sound that woke me out of a dead sleep at 3:00 am the other morning in my AN ear (left). Dr. Sisti said that 99% of his patients did not experience any regrowth in 10 to 15 years. Pretty good odds huh?

Mike

It is what it is

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2012, 08:50:05 pm »
Hurray!!!!!!    :)
.7cm, left side AN , Tinnitus, Hearing preserved, Middle Fossa 8/1/12 at HEI, Drs Friedman and Schwartz, Sharing your story is extremely helpful to me.