Author Topic: Noise cancellation  (Read 2627 times)

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
Noise cancellation
« on: June 29, 2012, 09:56:51 am »
Hi there folks,

I usually don't lurk on this board because I am SSD but I was wondering if there are any earbuds that would assist with the elimination of the tinnitus or cancel it out all together or produce a negative sound for the background noise?

I am sure something out there exists, it's just that I haven't found it yet! Did you know as well that William Shatner has tinnitus he has done work for their association, those of you interested can google : William Shatner/tinnitus

Mike
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

Chances3

Re: Noise cancellation
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 11:31:11 am »
Hi Mike,

Can't answer the question but I wanted to post.

I HATE TINITUS !!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been very busy lately, but I promised myself I would devote more time to this and find relief.  It's such a challenge to the quality of life.  I've learned to live with all my other symptoms, but there are days when I just can't take the noise in my head.  Like today !!

Regards,

Bob

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
Re: Noise cancellation
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 03:08:24 pm »
Hi there folks,

I usually don't lurk on this board because I am SSD but I was wondering if there are any earbuds that would assist with the elimination of the tinnitus or cancel it out all together or produce a negative sound for the background noise?

I am sure something out there exists, it's just that I haven't found it yet! Did you know as well that William Shatner has tinnitus he has done work for their association, those of you interested can google : William Shatner/tinnitus

Mike

I got a Widex it is okay there is a Zen setting so it distracts a little the tinnitus is so loud but does help somewhat so every little bit is still a blessing but I am sure if you play soothing music in that ear would do the same and cheaper....

Best Wishes,
Diagnosed with a 1 cm. AN had Retrosigmoid
Approach surgery July of 2009, several problems after surgery.