Author Topic: Confusion a side effect?  (Read 3765 times)

sempergumby

Confusion a side effect?
« on: June 19, 2012, 08:43:34 am »
I have a sudden onset of directional confusion...is this related?

luvzmutt

Re: Confusion a side effect?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 10:59:55 am »
I have has "directional confusion" the past few years.   Nice name for it, BTW!  When I am driving with my husband in the car and need to give him directions, and I KNOW he needs to turn right or left, I always blurt out the opposite.  He used to get really mad at me, now I can just blame it on the tumor.   It makes for very interesting car rides!
Right side AN diagnosed 7/10 - 6.1 mm x 7.8 mm
1st follow-up MRI 1/10/11 - 0.9 x 0.3 x 0.4 cm
2nd follow-up MRI 7/11/11 - 1.0 x 0.7 x 0.6 cm
Follow-Up 12/20/11 - no noticeable change
MRI 11/26/12 - .5x1.0x.6 cm
MRI 10//21/13 - 0.8 x 1.0 x 0.7
Some hearing loss AN side and tinnitus
NF1 & optic glioma

sempergumby

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 04:59:17 am »
As of last nite I have stopped driving until after my surgery in15 days...two days in a row I got lost on roads I travel all the time. :(

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 10:02:19 am »
Does this have anything to do with spatial confusion?

I have noticed in myself a slight difference in the way that I stack dishes in the dishwasher and the amount of space I allocate for plastic stack chairs apparently I didn't figure on enough room in my car for the purpose of stacking chairs so I had to return them because they didn't fit!

Mike
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

Mickey

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 10:34:27 am »
I never did have a great sense of direction or the best memory in the world. Just go with the flow and don`t take things to seriously. Enjoy! Mickey

millie

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 07:12:21 pm »
Very interesting everyone!  I too have lost my sense of direction lately-but this occurred on some major routes and I think I just got turned around.  I  also think we have so much on our minds, we drive on autopilot and then look around and say-Where am I?  I have always found my way back, apparently.  Safe journeys! Millie

MDemisay

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2012, 10:41:40 pm »
My wife and I were always at odds folks then I got a GPS Tom Tom - problem solved!

Mike
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!

MDemisay

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2012, 11:13:41 am »
I am reposting on this site only because before my radiation procedure I was having periods of time where I for lack of a better term was having delayed reaction time such but now post treatment have developed a "refreshed" insight and a much better reaction time.

Mike