Author Topic: A little set back at 3 weeks post op  (Read 4258 times)

jenichol

• Fear not, for I Am with you - Isaiah 41:10
A little set back at 3 weeks post op
« on: July 17, 2012, 08:06:37 am »
Hi all,

I just wanted to post on my progress post op restrosig on 6/22.  I felt as though I had turned the corner over the last weekend.  My headaches were becoming less intense and I had progressed from a walker to a straight cane.  I had been walking my long gravel driveway daily and was becoming more and more encouraged about getting back to a "normal" life.  However, on Sunday evening my hip locked up on me and I could not move or bear any weight on it for about 14 hours!  I laid in bed all night in agony.  I ended up in the ER on Monday and was told I probably have a torn labrum/cartilage that got "hung up."  I am glad to report that I am back to being able to move my leg and walk again, but I have to follow up with an orthopedic surgeon.  My joints are worn out from many injuries as a gymnast, so I am not new to orthopedic problems. 

I am asking for your prayers again.  I am hoping that I don't have to face another surgery right now.  I don't think my body can handle it.  I just want to be able to keep moving and get better.  Thanks for all your support.

Jan
48 yo female --3+cm right sided AN. Retro sig removal 6-22-12 at UVA.  SSD right ear.  HA.  Constant Loud Tinnitus. Fullness. Imbalance.

kixit

Re: A little set back at 3 weeks post op
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 09:33:43 am »
Bless your heart!!!  I was wondering where my UVA buddy went.  Let's hope surgery is not needed for your hip as you recover from the Retro surgery.

My thoughts and prayers will continue for you and your family.

left side AN 9mm diagnosed 2/2012
SSD, loud tinnitis left ear
Translab 5/24/12
Baha surgery 8/1/2012 at UVA
Baha hook up 11/09/2012  : ) 

I am a happy camper : )

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 09:36:44 am »
Jan, my thoughts are with you, I hope you will start feeling some comfort YESTERDAY! :) Take care and let us know how it goes!
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston

Chances3

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 11:24:03 am »
Hi Jan,

It's a long road we have to travel to get better.  If it will not do anymore damage to your problems, I would hold off on further surgery.  I remember getting a blood clot 3 weeks post op for my AN, and back in the hospital.  It made me very depressed.  Your body needs more time to recover, both the physical body and your brain - the neuro parts.  I will say some special prayers tonight for you.  Stay strong !

God Bless.

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 01:43:34 pm »
Wow! :o Jan,

My prayers are with you that you don't have to undergo surgery in recovery period just when you were progressing too! Take it easier!

Mike
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2012, 03:45:50 pm »
Hi, Jan ~

Like everyone else, I'm sorry to learn of your painful hip problem.  You'll be in my prayers for a surgery-free recovery from that and continued healing from your AN surgery.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

jenichol

• Fear not, for I Am with you - Isaiah 41:10
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2012, 07:30:48 pm »
Thanks to everyone for your prayers.  I will be having an MRI of my hip.  So far I am still able to get up and move around --just a little apprehensive when I wt bear on my right leg.  Its just sore but not catching or locking. Hopefully it'll be OK.  I am happy to report that my head feels better everyday. 

Thanks again for your support.  It is always encouraging to read your responses.   

Jan
48 yo female --3+cm right sided AN. Retro sig removal 6-22-12 at UVA.  SSD right ear.  HA.  Constant Loud Tinnitus. Fullness. Imbalance.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 09:33:04 am »
Jan -

sorry to hear about this new development.

Hope things turn out for the best.

Prayers,

The Other Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

It is what it is

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2012, 11:43:44 am »
My thoughts and prayers are with you. 

karen
.7cm, left side AN , Tinnitus, Hearing preserved, Middle Fossa 8/1/12 at HEI, Drs Friedman and Schwartz, Sharing your story is extremely helpful to me.

millie

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2012, 12:34:32 pm »
Prayers.
Millie

wwarr

• Attitude is everything =)
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2012, 03:51:19 pm »
Jan,
I am sending you a big hug right now.  :)  You are being thought of and prayed for by so many!  Hang in there and continue persevering through this trial.   It's so important to let your body heal from your brain surgery before you even consider another one.  Hopeful, your hip will heal and you won't need one huh! 
Keep your chin up  ;)
Take care,
Wendy
4 mm x 8 mm 12/08
1.4 cm rt. AN middle fossa on 7/23/10
hearing and facial nerve preserved. Grateful for brilliant surgeons Dr. Friedman/ Dr. Schwartz @ HEI in LA, CA.

post op chronic headaches
”Faith in every footstep...let go and let God”