Author Topic: Play that tune (tone)???  (Read 8422 times)

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
Re: Play that tune (tone)???
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2006, 08:16:24 pm »
OK Bruce,

Your really scaring me now.  Voices?? Singing?? distinctively male or female??  You know Captain Deb and the crew have provided a special room for us when we get this way on that there ship of theirs. I think it's all comfy and padded like. And you can wear that nice long sleved white jacket you referred to.  LOL :D ;D :D

After reading the other posts about moving your eyes, WOW, I'm sitting here doing it, and YES, the tinnitus does get louder when I look to the AN side.  I have been telling my Doc that it gets louder when I turn my head that direction, but this eye thing, WOW,  da da da da     da da da da  I think we've all just entered the twilight zone. I had never noticed it before.

Back to your voices and singing and radio's playing that aren't, I hear stuff all the time that's not there. Especially if I'm in the shower, I hear the phone, or the radio, TV or someone talking to me. i shut off the water, nothing there, cuz no one else is home, so why do I check anyway??  But the weirdest thing I have experienced since this whole surgery thing and the noises etc, OK Bruce, this is almost as weird as yours, ....... drumroll....  I'll be laying on my good ear, in bed,  which means I can't really hear if someone talks to me,  and I'll hear a quiet little voice say "mommy"  "mommy" and I jump straight up expecting to see one of my little girls standing by my bedside. No one there, hubby sound asleep. I get up and chek my kids, they are sound asleep.  Freaks me out. Nothing like this ever happened before the An surgery, it happens sometimes a few times a night, and usually a few nights a week.       Twilight zone I tell you,  twilight zone.

AND I"M NOT ON ANY MEDS!!  or anything else   so go figure...................  white coat please

Patti UT
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

tony

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2006, 12:44:39 am »
The "sound" changes slightly if eyes are shut or open - this is a sign that it is some
form of nerve "breakthrough" - you are "hearing" or sensing the residual
current that drives the nerves - also the more brain activity the louder
it may seem to be - hence the link with headaches or stess
however one time I got a very loud sound like a car alarm
- so loud it woke me and sent me to the window looking for the source
- that was about 6mths pre-op and a sign trouble was coming
Question : does your concert orchestra do requests ?
Ravel ? Holst ? Mozart ?
Best Regards
Tony

kat

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2006, 05:01:28 am »
HI folks

It is interesting  to hear others are having such variations of tinnitus. Sometimes mine sounds like a tap running or a small water fall
but the most annoying variation is when it sounds like a burglar alarm or a phone which has got me out of bed in the middle of the
night more than once . Most days it is just like white noise and I find it incredible that somehow my brain manages to edit it out so
that it does not really bother me much .  And yes , moving my eyes to the right or left does increase the volume  but no music so far .

Regards Kat
2.2 cm AN diagnosed July 2004 . GK at  the Royal Hallamshire
Sheffield UK in April 2005 2nd MRI in December 06 showed signs of the AN shrinking and MRI in FEB 08 showed no change . SO FAR SO GOOD .

Kathleen_Mc

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2006, 07:59:38 am »
I don't have a lot of different sounds.....continually sounds like I have my ear pressed to a sea shell and then there's the "phone ringing", not that bothersome but my co-workers look at me weird (if they don't know the situation) when I answer the phone that isn't ringing.....if they know the situation we all laugh .
Kathleen
1st AN surgery @ age 23, 16 hours
Loss of 7-10th nerves
mulitple "plastic" repairs to compensate for effects of 7th nerve loss
tumor regrowth, monitored for a few years then surgically removed @ age 38 (of my choice, not medically necessary yet)

Windsong

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2006, 08:48:04 am »
Yes,

I get this too. The same notes played over and over usually later in the day. There are two variations of this "music". If i still had my ukele  or a piano i'd be picking it out on the strings or keys.... I also hear what sounds like the murmur of conversation nearby perhaps in the next room. I go looking but of course no one is here but me and no radio or tv is on then. Weird. These eipsodes are quite different from the white noise tinnitus or the bells ringing or the fly buzzing in my ear or the ocassional high pitched siren......

good to know I am not the only one "aleins" might be trying to address hahahahahahaha.....

Windsong

I heard/read somewhere (maybe here) that what is happening is that the brain is trying to make sense of the tinnitus and starts to create the things that we hear. I think I hear the radio turned down real low, or in the other room.  There's been more than one time that I've tried to figure out if there is a radio going somewhere. Happened to me this morning as I was waking up - I thought the clock radio was on.  It wasn't.  Either that, or some Alien Lifeform is trying to communicate with us via signals that we haven't decoded yet.  And I'm sitting here, looking like a complete Idiot, turning my eyes every which way to see if I detect changes.  ::) I'm not sure if I do or not.  Maybe.

But, yes...weird it is.

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2006, 09:25:39 am »
Lemesee.....Today, for your listening pleasure,  we have a lovely selection from Jiminy Cricket and the Treefrog Wailers entitled, "No Sleep For You This Morning, We're Way Way Too Loud!" in the key of shut-the-hell-up minor.
 ;D
Capt Deb 8)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 05:01:49 pm by Captain Deb »
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW