Author Topic: remember me...  (Read 10507 times)

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
Re: remember me...
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2012, 08:55:40 am »
Sorry you are going through this ... me and my ex split after 19 years and had 4 teenage sons when we did ...

it was hard and gut wrenching but we both came out the other side better people ... in our case there was abuse ... I grew strong and no one will ever abuse me again ...he got long needed help and is in long term (14 year ) relationship but doesn't want to remarry ... I remarried  and have a great husband in Bo and twbeautifulul daughters

and you know what ? I still miss him sometimes ... spent about half our marriage trying to leave the situation and sometimes I miss him ...it may be song or a comment that brings him to mind ... or my when Bo refuses to let me use the chainsaw when he knows that for 17 years I managed ABC Trees , a tree surgery company me and my ex owned and could swing an chainsaw with the best of them  ... we are civil and can talk without anger or fear  ... we have 4 kids and 8 grandchildren in common so will always be connected ... we are back to where we started ... friends ... and it is good ...I am happy he is a changed man in a good relationship and he is happy for me ... he thanked my Bo for taking care of me and being a good step father to his sons ... I almost know for certain that one of us wouldn't be here if we stayed together

I dbelievebelive in divorce thappenedappend to me ...

all that said , what I was trying to convey is that there is life after divorce ... you will have ups and downs , hopefully more ups than downs ... look for life and catch hold of it ... sounds like you have already done this ...hope things go as good as they can for you ... will keep you in my thoughts
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

MLB57

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2012, 08:27:15 am »
Hi Joe,

I  have been divorced many years--dated some but just haven't met that special someone--recently went back on the on-line dating sites.. Figured I'm not getting any younger (am 63 now) and really don't want to grow old alone. Nothing to write home about yet, but I'm hopeful I will eventually connect with that special someone who brings a smile to my lips.

I know right now that's probably the last thing in your mind, but when you are ready and can comfortably leave the past behind, there is a whole world of new adventures awaiting you!

Take care and my best wishes to you, Joe!  ;D

Sincerely, Mary (aka GrammyMary)
1 cm rt AN (retrosigmoid Jan 2001 UMASSMed Ctr/Worc, MA)
Residual left--continued growing--finished 30 FSR w/Dr Loeffler (Mass Gen/Boston MA) on Oct 22 2007... --April 2010--tumor shrank to 8mm and is a dark spot!!  Latest Update: April May 2017 scan shows no change!--Next MRI 2020!!  Life is good!!

Keri

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2012, 09:21:49 pm »
Hi Joef,
Wondering how you're doing these days... hope things are looking up.

Soundy - what a touching story of your experience.. never knew these things. Thanks for honestly sharing your story and your perspective - which does have a very good 'up' side to it.

Mary - I wish you well in finding the special someone.

1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2012, 06:56:49 pm »
Joef -

like Keri, I've been wondering about you too.

Hope things are better,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2012, 06:52:25 pm »
Aww Joe, it's a rough road but there is light at the end. I speak from experience. Take your time in looking for that 40+ lady; when the time is right you will know.

Take care and know we'll be thinking of you.
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2012, 11:38:22 am »
at this point.. I just want it over... and actually looking forward to it !!... new ideas for the house ... hooking up with old friends ... the Kitchen needs a beer tap  ;D

I've not been to the NE bunch in a while.... Mary will you be my date ?  :)   

Hi Joe,

I  have been divorced many years--dated some but just haven't met that special someone--recently went back on the on-line dating sites.. Figured I'm not getting any younger (am 63 now) and really don't want to grow old alone. Nothing to write home about yet, but I'm hopeful I will eventually connect with that special someone who brings a smile to my lips.

I know right now that's probably the last thing in your mind, but when you are ready and can comfortably leave the past behind, there is a whole world of new adventures awaiting you!

Take care and my best wishes to you, Joe!  ;D

Sincerely, Mary (aka GrammyMary)

4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2012, 01:14:02 pm »
Know very well that "just want it over" feeling  :P

My divorce took almost 2 years, but then again we were fighting over the kids and who would get stuck with the house.   The money I had to spend was horrendous - had to pay 2/3's of my kids' lawyer in addition to my own (IL law).  But that said, it was money well spent and one of the best things I've ever done (best for the kids too). 

Sounds like you've got a good attitude, which definitely helps.

If the symposium is ever held in your neck of the woods, I'll buy you a beer (or two).

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

thisisajourney

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2012, 01:47:48 pm »
I don't know you however I know a.n.s are hard enough to deal with let alone a break up of a spouse of twenty years. I will pray for you. Stay strong. Please believe even in bad things are good things.  That's one  thing that should be a topic... a.n. s and relationships.  ;)