Author Topic: How likely are seizures?  (Read 2693 times)

Saracatherine422

How likely are seizures?
« on: September 22, 2013, 11:52:47 pm »
I was diagnosed 2 weeks ago and have surgery next month. I have the facial numbness, eye and ear issues. I'm curious as to how likely it is that I will have seizures? Have any of you had seizures as a symptom? My worst fear is seizing in the car one day before I have surgery. It honestly wouldn't bother me so bad if I weren't driving my toddler to/from daycare everyday.

alabamajane

Re: How likely are seizures?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 08:38:16 pm »
Hi, just wanted to reply with my experience ,,

I had seizures  that began shortlly before my diagnosis of AN ,,I had not ever had any seizures and MRI ordered showed AN but no reason for seizures,,,, I have been told by neurologist that the two are not related, he said they occur in different parts of the brain,, I don't think,, from a non medical advice standpoint,that you have to worry about that ,, I wish you well with your upcoming surgery,, keep us informed,, we care, best of luck,, Jane
translab Oct 27, 2011
facial nerve graft Oct 31,2011, eyelid weight removed Oct 2013, eye closes well

BAHA surgery Oct. 2014, activated Dec. 26

PaulW

Re: How likely are seizures?
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 06:17:48 pm »
I am not a doctor but I believe that an AN won't cause a seizure.
AN's don't form part of the brain.

The only exception to that is if the tumour is EXTREMELY large. like 5cm+ and its severely deforming the brainstem and/or you have hydrocephalus... the later would be giving you the worst headache in the world.
If you were any risk of seizure you probably wouldn't be writing the post, but be recovering in hospital after quickly scheduled surgery or on your way to the hospital with the headache from hell.

10x5x5mm AN
Sudden Partial hearing loss 5/28/10
Diagnosed 7/4/10
CK 7/27/10
2/21/11 Swelling 13x6x7mm
10/16/11 Hearing returned, balance improved. Feel totally back to normal most days
3/1/12 Sudden Hearing loss, steroids, hearing back.
9/16/13 Life is just like before my AN. ALL Good!