Author Topic: My story so far  (Read 7033 times)

Alison

Re: My story so far
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2012, 03:44:29 am »
Hi Sue,

I've replied to your email. Let us all know how you get on.

Thinking of you.

Alisonx
CPA and IAC AN 14.5mm x 10mm x 8mm diagnosed August 2012 treatment in UK SRS Linac with headframe  Dec 2012 MRI 4 month post April 2013 was 18mm x 13 x 7.8 (this April MRI was not measured until Jan 2014) MRI January 2014 was 17mm x 11.4 x 8.3 (one year post)

millie

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2012, 07:48:33 pm »
Snoopy you are in my prayers.  If it is an AN you have come to a good place.
I hope riding helps your balance-I always loved horses but haven't ridden in years and now probably couldn't get a leg over(I'm 65.)
Mil in the U.S. 

Snoopy

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2012, 04:17:44 pm »
Thankyou Millie, horses have been a huge part of my life for so long I cannot imagine life without them. My balance is a bit of an hindrance with them especially when handling the young ones but as time as gone by my brain seems to have rewired itself on that score, I am only wobbly if I turn quickly.  I have found riding quite easy with the balance issues as the swaying on their backs seems to match my own swaying so it evens itself out, although I do no fast riding (but never really went in for speed anyway) so no difference there.
The tinnitus if ok around the horses even though I am in the countryside there are always natures sounds to take my mind off it, and the sound of there hoove beats on the ground is bliss. I will be getting all my results back and a diagnosis on the 8th of jan, so not much longer to wait and hopefully get answers of why I feel so tired and the other above problems which come from "ear issues". x

millie

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2012, 06:21:42 pm »
It is heartwarming to read that you can continue working with the horses as before in spite of the an.  I think when you are doing something you really love, it spares your mind of some of  the symptoms.   I also think all the activity may have helped retrain your brain helping with balance and lightheadedness.
I remember reading on this forum that we become more tired than usual because the brain is working harder to process neural signals due to the disruption the an causes.
Rest when you can.