Author Topic: Longer term general issues of feeling "normal"  (Read 5952 times)

Chances3

Re: Longer term general issues of feeling "normal"
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2013, 12:18:09 pm »
Hi FrenchBD,

As I began to read your post I had to check the Username, for a moment there I thought it was one of my old posts.  I am a little over 2 years post-op Middle Fossa surgery.  I hear you loud and clear, and I know exactly where you are in your recovery.  Like yourself, my job is very demanding and takes a great deal of effort.  Many of the members who have already replied were there for me when I was in your place.  I am eternally grateful to them for their words of inspiration.

I hope I can give you more inspiration.  I went for over 18 months in a terrible state of wonkiness, full head, and that terrible feeling of " WILL I EVER FEEL NORMAL AGAIN !"  My spacial world was compromised. To my surprise, I slowly came out of that state - did I get back to 100 percent ?  Not yet, but much better. 

Have you had any vestibular therapy ?  If not, get some.  I reccommend that you physically push yourself when you can.  I did some major projects around my home, and with all my problems I kept pushing, and my brain responded to the physical, visual and balance challenges.  Try and work out in gym, go on some long walks outside etc etc.

Hang in there, stay positive and strong, it does get better.

Regards,

Bob

millie

Re: Longer term general issues of feeling "normal"
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2013, 07:22:54 pm »
Thank you Bob.  I am going to walk more , as you and the doctor today both instructed.