Author Topic: Watching and waiting 2.5cm  (Read 5589 times)

PaulW

Re: Watching and waiting 2.5cm
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2013, 06:16:38 am »
I guess one thing with AN's especially with radiation, nobody has any idea as to what is going on inside our heads.
I think everybody around you will presume that after a few months after radiation everything will be fixed.
While probably not the best advise for the interests in public safety. I bet you could turn up for work a few days after Cyberknife and start driving, and nobody would blink an eye.

Only you will know if you can drive safely or not, and I guess it will probably be your conscience that stops you from driving before the bus company.

Every AN is different and my experience may have no bearing whatsoever to what could happen to you.
As I said earlier, I began driving straight away after CK and felt confident in doing so.
I drove about 400 Miles in one day about 4 weeks after CK, I was exhausted, but felt fine.

3 months after CK, I did a road trip with the family. I live in Australia.. Drove about 3000 miles with a large SUV towing a camper over dirt roads.  Two of the days I drove 600 miles each, and felt OK doing it..

On reflection after 3 months I probably would have been able to drive a bus for a day, without feeling I was putting lives at risk..
But the extra concentration required would have been tiring.

Does anybody have any experience driving after CK or GK, especially with a bigger AN?
10x5x5mm AN
Sudden Partial hearing loss 5/28/10
Diagnosed 7/4/10
CK 7/27/10
2/21/11 Swelling 13x6x7mm
10/16/11 Hearing returned, balance improved. Feel totally back to normal most days
3/1/12 Sudden Hearing loss, steroids, hearing back.
9/16/13 Life is just like before my AN. ALL Good!