Author Topic: does increased symptoms mean the AN is growing ??  (Read 2395 times)

tatianne

does increased symptoms mean the AN is growing ??
« on: August 29, 2006, 11:26:01 am »
Lately my tinnitus has increased and dizzyness has increased, does that mean that the AN is growing ??
Im on wait and watch for a 8mm AN....going for 6 month MRI in January....
Thank you
T :)
Waith and Watcher
July 2006 8mm
Jan 2007 9.5 mm
Jan 2009 1.4 cmm x 5mm
GK surgery completed on May 4, 2009 in Sherbrook Quebec, hoping and praying this will be the beginning of the end of my AN......

antoinette

Re: does increased symptoms mean the AN is growing ??
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 11:55:37 am »
Not necessarily Tatiane, stress, worry, fatigue are all great factors in increased tinnitus and vertigo.
Try to relax since you will soon get your second MRI,
This will tell you if there is growth and at what rate/ if I remember well, your tumor is extremely small. Tinnitus and balance can both be affected by even the smallest AN and oddly we had seem some enormous AN giving hardly any symptoms. The exact location of the AN and the way it wraps or squeezes nerves is the key to these symptoms.
Do not worry excessively and drink a lot of water. A reasonable diet with less sugar, salt and animal protein is also a good idea as it affect tinnitus and balance even in absence of an AN.
Good luck
antoinette

tatianne

Re: does increased symptoms mean the AN is growing ??
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 12:01:15 pm »
thanks antoinette, i appreciate your response....
Mine is small but is pressing on the nerve.
I do notice that the more stressed i am the more the symptoms increase.
I have been trying to modify my diet, although when im stressed i crave foods i shouldnt eat !!!
Ive noticed that caffeine and my AN do not go together.
I will increase the water, thats a good idea.
Thanks again
T
Waith and Watcher
July 2006 8mm
Jan 2007 9.5 mm
Jan 2009 1.4 cmm x 5mm
GK surgery completed on May 4, 2009 in Sherbrook Quebec, hoping and praying this will be the beginning of the end of my AN......