Author Topic: dizziness  (Read 2609 times)

Edith

dizziness
« on: September 04, 2006, 07:19:25 pm »
I have recently been diagnosed with AN and am currently waiting to see the ENT and Neurologist this Wednesday.  In the meantime, I am having bouts of dizziness and nausea.  Does anyone know of any medication or anything else that I can take to help with these symptoms until I see the doctor.

Obita

Re: dizziness
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 07:29:43 pm »
Hi Edith:

Try the over the counter motion sickness drug Dramamine.  I went to urgent care after 5 days of spinning and vomiting.  They gave me some and within a hour I was eating like a pig and I felt 100% better.  I was not yet diagnosed with the AN. The diagnosis didn't come until I finally convinced my Dr. that something other than fluid was in my ear.

Best of luck to you.  I am just fine and two years post op.

Kathy
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 05:53:35 am »
HI Edith and welcome!

Dramamine sounds like a plan for now.  Expensive to start. If your dr's recommend, they can write a Rx for "Anti-vert" if you have a prescription plan. Anti-vert is somewhat like Dramamine and cheaper if you do have Rx plan... just a thought.

Again, welcome... please keep us updated on Wed's appt.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

nannettesea

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 06:04:13 pm »
Hi, Edith-
Start with Dramamine, if it doesn't work ask for Klonopin.  But Klonopin is hard-core and addictive, so use it only if absolutely necessary. Dizziness was my only symptom, with mild hearing loss, but maybe due more to motion sickness syndrome than tumor.

Good luck
Nan
1.7cm x 1.4cm x .8cm, right ear
Trans-lab approach
Dr. Jay Rubinstein, U of WA
8/29/05