Author Topic: Layola Hospital Chicago  (Read 2637 times)

mvennix

Layola Hospital Chicago
« on: October 25, 2013, 11:16:25 pm »
My wife recently had an MRI and a 5mm neuroma was found on the right side.  We have been to see Dr. Leonetti at Layola Hospital in Chicago.  Has anyone had any experience with the Dr. Leonetti and Dr. Anderson team in Chicago?  We have a second opinion consult scheduled at the Michigan Ear Institute in Farmington Hills MI with Dr. Larue.  Anyone have experience there too?   

deborahgordon

Re: Layola Hospital Chicago
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2013, 11:49:15 pm »
I first went to hines VA hospital when mine was found.  the loyola doc was the one i saw at Hines.  He no longer works with hines and new ones are in place, also from loyola.   I know a great group of docs at UIC, but not being pleased with the arrogant bedside manner of the doctor you are talking about, I went to indianapolis where i will be having mine removed in december. ( going through VA meant loyala or nothing)  It may have been the fact since i am ex military and loyola goes to hines at a discount or some other reason for his "i know whats best and your opinion doesn't count" attitude, but i wasn't impressed and it scared me.  I know found doctors i feel comfortable with and trust with my life,although it is a long way from home.  If he treats you better or you feel comfortable with him, I have read he is ok, but for him and VA to part ways before they had another doc in place makes me wonder.  and a side note, the nurses were pleased to see him go.
Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you.

Pam Fraley

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 03:07:38 pm »
mvennix,

I am currently on watch and wait with Dr. Arts at the University of Michigan.  I have been very pleased with him and his team.  I would definitely recommend him if you are looking for another opinion.

Pam
6mmx4mm a/n (left IAC)
8-9mm meningioma (right cavernous sinus)
Diagnosed 2/5/2013 MRI
Wait & Watch -  Dr. Arts, University of Michigan
MRI scheduled for 10/22/2013
No change, continue w&w, repeat MRI in 6months

sandyinwisconsin

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 07:14:44 am »
I know a female who had retro sigmoid for a fairly large tumor, and she lost her hearing, but hear face is in tact.  She was back to work and attending parent teachers conferences a week later.  She had the team at Layola. 

Sandy
1 cm AN deep in the boney canal.  Treated with 26 treatments of radiation in December, 2013.  Please pray with me that this worked.