Author Topic: not a AN !!!  (Read 2383 times)

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
not a AN !!!
« on: September 12, 2006, 09:51:33 am »
My wife's best friend ... I consider her a close friend, and who went to House with us! .. has been complaining about .. yep, you guessed it .. fullness of her ear,dizziness, facial numbness, to many tears!, and ringing in her ears (news to me she's had T for a few years),headaches , and fatigue.... of course I said to get an MRI with contrast ... she did, and it came back clean!  (I did not see it) Now I'm very happy she does not have a AN .. but I'm wondering now, what does she have? any ideas ? I realize we are not Doctors, but I can't help thinking about it .. should we send the MRI's to House anyway?
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

wanderer

Re: not a AN !!!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 01:20:36 pm »
the thing I was most concerned of when I went in for my MRI was MS.    she may want to go and see a neurologist.

Kathleen_Mc

Re: not a AN !!!
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 03:28:23 pm »
Meniere's Disease?: a disease that lasts a few years, periods of vertigo/tinnitus/heightened sensitivity to loud sounds/ progressive loss of hearing and headaches.
Kathleen
1st AN surgery @ age 23, 16 hours
Loss of 7-10th nerves
mulitple "plastic" repairs to compensate for effects of 7th nerve loss
tumor regrowth, monitored for a few years then surgically removed @ age 38 (of my choice, not medically necessary yet)