Author Topic: Nose twitch 7 years post surgery-Anyone have this??  (Read 1875 times)

Kelly718

Nose twitch 7 years post surgery-Anyone have this??
« on: December 27, 2013, 03:24:45 pm »
I am coming up on 7 years since my surgery this March. I just had an MRI and the bit of tumor left behind is shrinking! I am thrilled! However, I recently developed an annoying nose twitch on the affected side. It's been about 2 months. It flares up from anxiety and stress. The doctor says its due to my surgery and nothing to worry about but I don't understand why this is happening so many years later! Could it be because the tumor is shrinking off  of my nerve?? I am hoping someone has had this same experience! Thank you!!
3X3cm AN removed via retrosigmoid, 3/07

Dr. Davis is my hero! :)
A sense of humor goes a long way!

Gloria Nailor

Re: Nose twitch 7 years post surgery-Anyone have this??
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 03:33:40 pm »
I have no experience with this, but do know I myself have tighter muscles on my partially paralyzed side of my face.  Possibly the muscles are just very tight from stress.  Have you tried massaging the area.  When my Physical therapist showed me certain massages and stretches I was amazed at how painful and tight my face was, even though I did not think it was.  Just a thought.....Good luck
4/2011 diagnosed with 3 cm AN on right side
6/15/2011 retrosigmoid craniotomy which resulted in SSD, severe facial paralysis
7/2011 gold weight placed right eye lid
5/2012 tarsorrpapny right eye
6/2012 woke up with a smile
1/2013 cranioplasty because a screw came out of my head!
6-7/13 regrowth, GK

Dday

Re: Nose twitch 7 years post surgery-Anyone have this??
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 05:00:19 pm »
I've had a twitch above my lip intermittantly occur this past year, five years post surgery. Stress, not enough sleep, and too much caffeine seem to set it off. It can pretty severe sometimes, but mostly just enough to be annoying. My family and I call it Elvis, since it pulls that one side of my lip up. I remember my doctor telling me i may experience this over time due to nerves "waking up". I have noticed if I do some vigorous massage to the area that it helps lesson and/or stop it.

Daran