Author Topic: 3 weeks since surgery  (Read 2047 times)

deborahgordon

3 weeks since surgery
« on: December 23, 2013, 04:42:30 pm »
Well I am finally home.  I thought I would be one of those that woke up and hit the floor running, but God had other plans and guess who won lol.  I am still struggling with fluid build up and they are trying pressure to keep swelling down to save another surgery, but this in turn makes for a wicked headache.  I do not take anything stronger than tylenol now and can go back to ibprophen after eye weight is inserted on jan 2  I will have facial paralysis and am doing well with getting used to diet restrictions until I get better use of mouth/swallowing.  When they sewed eye shut i ended up with 4/3mm scratches on the cornea so sight is a concern but I am confident it will not be permanent.
My nausea and balance are so much better post op and I will start therapy after jan 2   I went to the store today for groceries and it was hard to see people look at me.  I am sure they were quick glances but I feel the gaze on my slackened face and closed eye and I silently weep for the face I lost.  One day I will smile back or bow my head in acknowledgement but I lost an old friend that looked back at me for many many years and I miss her wrinkles, flaws and all.   Merry Christmas to all the families who are facing, have faced, or supporting those on this journey.  God Bless, Deborah
Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you.

joanna_an

Re: 3 weeks since surgery
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 04:41:35 pm »
Hi Deborah,

I am really sorry things didn't turn out the way you hoped.. But it seems that you are a strong person  going to buy groceries even if your face is not perfect at the moment.. I really hope it will improve soon. Please keep us posted...
There is a link under Profile->Forum Profile, where you can specify a signature (the text that appears at the bottom of posts).. Please write the size of the AN and maybe the doctors.. And the problems you're having.. I think you'll get more feedback this way from patients who experienced same problems..

Have a Merry Christmas,
Joanna.
31 years old female
Left AN 18x16x13mm diagnosed on the 17th of October 2013
21mm on the 19th of February 2014
Hearing loss, tinnitus
SRT 12th March 2014

TexasSprinter

Re: 3 weeks since surgery
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 12:57:55 am »
Deborah--I am encouraged by your strength and perseverance. I hope you have a Merry Christmas and I hope things continue to improve for you.
Scott