Author Topic: Mark  (Read 3074 times)

shoegirl

Mark
« on: September 01, 2006, 05:59:40 pm »
Mark,

I am happy that you are moving along with life and such, you will be missed.  We have never spoken directly, but you have helped me so much.   I truly appreciate and admire your knowledge.  Reading your posts, Jamie's, and CC's really helped me sort through all the myths and misconceptions about radiation.   Especially Cyberknife.  I can't thank you enough.   :)

I hope you do "pop in" every now and then!  Let us know how you are?  Wishing you all good things! 

Suzanne   
left side 2.0cm x 1.3cm  
Cyberknife - 12/2005
The Barrow Institute, Phoenix, AZ

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Mark
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 06:28:00 pm »
Mark,

What the heck do I say?  You have been my CK mentor in crime, my voice of reason, a teacher, a friend.  Your help out here (and to me) has been utterly immeasureable. As I can well understand that life's priorities have your focus, please know that what you have done for me... for so so so many of us out here.... heck, you're going to make me cry :'(.  If it weren't for you, I wouldn't be where I am today.  I am blessed... and having you in my life (as well as everyone else here) just makes this AN journey so much more tolerable....

Mark, saying thank you just isn't enough.  Thank you for the countless posts, emails and phone calls.  I'm blessed to call you a friend.

Come back soon. You are going to be so dearly, sorely missed around here.

xo to you and N.
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 12:32:44 am »
Mark,

I have also found your views, comments and experience very valued. You will be missed. This forum need experience and balanced views. Agree with Suzanne, you guys have resolved a lot of the myths around radiation. I knew nothing about it at time of my surgery and my surgeon's comment was "You don't want radiation treatment" - me being very ignorant thought it was a chemo type approach so elected without thought or research to opt for surgery.

Boy oh boy, would I have made a different decision or what now!! I am sure that you have helped newbies in particular, make a balanced judgement on surgery versus radiation without any bias being presented.

I understand you wanting to move on but from a pure selfish point of view, I would like to consider that you would "pop your head" in from time to time and assist with the odd query from the newbies.

Laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

SuzeAN

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 11:52:40 am »
Mark,

Just a quick note to say thanks too, you were so helpful and informative; wish you well for the future and totally understand about
getting on...I have made few infrequent visits here and I should visit more frequently, people need the support and sharing of information and experience. 

Thanks again!
Cheers,
Suzan (Las Vegas)
2.5 cm, left side
CK-Barrows 10/05

jamie

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 05:12:41 pm »
I must have missed something, but can only assume Mark is moving along. You will be missed buddy, but I totally understand, the need to put the whole thing in the past is something I feel as well....I am totally wrapped up in my life right now and very rarely even remember I had anything done until i get to work and start surfing the net, lol. Other than that it's like nothing ever happened. Good luck!
CyberKnife radiosurgery at Barrow Neurological Institute; 2.3 cm lower cranial nerve schwannoma