Author Topic: Kaiser Northern California  (Read 7598 times)

linda l

Kaiser Northern California
« on: November 03, 2005, 11:49:18 am »
Hi al
I recently had surgery at Kaiser, Redwood City, CA and I felt that I should share my experience.  My Doc was Dr. Stephen Nutik and he was fantastic.  For those of you that have Kaiser, this man is reknowned for his work with AN surgery and the care I received at the hospital was excellent.  Linda

duongvan

Re: Kaiser Northern California
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 09:33:40 pm »
Hi Linda: I just wanted to say that I had the same Dr. with my surgery in January 06. Dr. and staffs were great. I stayed there 5 days, the experience was great. Due to the side and location of the tumor, I completely lost my right hearing and facial paralysis, I am going to be with Dr. Nutik for awhile because I have to go through another surgery to fix my facial. But lucky to be alive.

Take care.

3.5 cm retrosigmoi.
3.5 cm Sub-occipital; Northern CA, DR. Stephen Nutik- 1/6/06

joe94121

Re: Kaiser Northern California
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 11:36:11 am »
Hi, Thanks for sharing your experience. I was just recently diagnosed with AN with a 3 cm tumor though for five years i have told my primary care doctor that i am experiencing hearing loss. But each time i was told that it is probably allergeries and i should take my allergery med. ... in 2001, i even had a hearing test and saw an EMT doctor but they told me everything was fine ... then, i presisted in taking another hearing test and another EMT suggested that i do an MRI and then just found out last week that i have AN ... i am doing all the research I could on this ... so, your experience with Dr. Nutik gave me some comfort ... take care and God Bless you.
Five years of progressive loss of hearing in left ear; diagnosed with a 3 cm. AN tumor; had surgery on in 12/06 to remove 2/3 of it. Recent MRI shows "bulkness" on the remaining 1/3 ... will be seeking radiation treatments on the remaining 1/3 in May 2009.