Author Topic: SoundBite One Week in  (Read 3339 times)

JB914

SoundBite One Week in
« on: April 07, 2014, 11:40:23 pm »
Well, after 13 years of SSD, i took the plunge and got the soundbite. 

The biggest issue I've had so far is remembering to "put it on" before i leave the house.  and remembering to bring my spare for those long days.   forgot the spare one day and they ITM unit only lasts about 6hrs.

Got my EOB from healthnet and i'm pleased to announce I've been approved for the "Testicular implant".   I guess I've always secretly wanted to have 3 nuts, and now i can!!!  ;D ;D

I'm not kidding, that's how it was listed.

Still getting used to it and my wife can tell it's helping me.  I can notice a difference and i'm pleased so far.  Have an appt. to get get adjusted in 30 days. 

the only real adjustment for me is getting used to the device in your mouth.  Like having a retainer and you get used to it.  I really don't like eating with it in and only do that if i'm at a client meeting or in a group setting. 

Thanks for everyone in the group.  Lots of great info and people here! Will update you after another month and i put it thru it's paces in some business settings!
11mm AN right side surgery House Ear Clinic 12/00
W. Luxford MD / John D. Day MD
SSD right side, ringing

ginsue

• Life is like a mirror – you get back what you give
Re: SoundBite One Week in
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 12:48:53 am »
Glad you were approved !  It took me one year to deal with my insurance once it was approved.  The insurance company keep on saying that they would only pay 60% since I went out of network seeing that I live in Illinois and I got it out of California.  It took 4 months for them to investigate that there is not another company that makes anything similar.   My out of pocket was $1800, $600 of which was the down payment.  Sonitus financed the balance interest free for one year.
You will get used to it being in your mouth, it didn't take me long.  I also eat with mine in.  I eat out in social situation about 3 times a week.  I just excuse myself when I am done eating and go to the restroom to rinse my ITM.
1991 tumor size- tennis ball (6.7 cm - Wikipedia)
facial paralysis, deaf, balance issues
1997gold weight and facial reconstruction
May 2013 SoundBite
Oct. 2013 Scleral lens

Steelermedallion

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 06:52:18 pm »
Am getting my device next week. Looking forward to it.

Curious how the device does when you wear headphones?  Any experience?  Post surgery, I still like to listen to music with headphones, but am still adjusting to SSD.

ginsue

• Life is like a mirror – you get back what you give
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 12:28:32 am »
Hi there Steerermedallion, Not sure about the head phone thing but I did wear mine to a concert.  Had to take it out because the vibration tickled my mouth.  You will enjoy it never the less. The only thing that I find is that I also have forgotten it when I leave the house like JB914.
Sue
1991 tumor size- tennis ball (6.7 cm - Wikipedia)
facial paralysis, deaf, balance issues
1997gold weight and facial reconstruction
May 2013 SoundBite
Oct. 2013 Scleral lens