Author Topic: Update on my eye surgery... and other things going on right now  (Read 7368 times)

Obita

Re: Update on my eye surgery... and other things going on right now
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2006, 02:23:08 pm »
Dear Sweet Taylor:

Do what you want to do.  We don't know what we can do until we try it.....and that goes for everything, not just school, career etc....

I sure don't want you to regret NOT doing it.  Kathy
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2006, 07:28:58 am »
Taylor,

Like many of us that post on this site, I have around 30 years work experience plus (geesh, that sounds old). Anyway, in my work career, I have only had one job that I can honestly say that I loved going to work every day. Co. was great, staff were terrific, everyone got on, the work was interesting etc etc.

When I tell people that, the general response is "wow, you actually had a job that you looked forward to going to work". That is, it is more common for people to go to work and not enjoy it than enjoy it. So my advice is, you go for the career choice that you want and make it yours. Take it, grab it, don't let anything get in the way.

I reckon you'll do it. I could tell from the change of tone of your posts that you are now coming to grips with your current situation and the need to move forward.

Laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Battyp

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2006, 10:08:51 am »
Taylor truly follow your passion.  There are programs and concessions that will be made down the road if you need them..like obita said you never know until you try! 

Sounds like you are trying very hard right now!  Keep it up :o)  You'll get where you need to be.  Hopefully I'll be right behind you!! :o)