Author Topic: answering your ?'s capt DEb .Pearl  (Read 3650 times)

lmurray69

answering your ?'s capt DEb .Pearl
« on: September 18, 2006, 04:16:57 pm »
 ::) I am sorry if I sound off.. I have so many problems.Its like every week a new sign..I have headaches so bad..the pressure on the AN side is bad...so I am sorry if I ofended anyone..I spell like i hear..so you know that I am deaf on the left an side and 80% gone on right.I wear a hearing aid on the right..ok peral and deb..I had gama knife radiation in feb 05 ...One shot..dont know how much...they put a halo on my head and left me there for 3 hours straped to a table..they say it takes up to 18 months before you find out if it is doing anything..I have these little mini and go num on one side for 15 min to 3 hours..I am very confused at times. and very dizzy as well as dingy , My son says when I have these I talk like a baby...and cry alot..so maybe I am just freakin out...who knows..I have good days  and bad..I have problems with shinny floors like walmart has.. and the bigger the Isle the worst i get..That is why I have a service dog to help me stable and watch for my spells...and she is good..thanks  girls for being there.. oh my tumor doesnt glow only the retention cyst its 1.9cm  thanks again   I feel so sorry for some of the things that we all have to go threw,,,
radiation feb 05, gammaknife, tumor is 1.2x0.08/ surgery Nov 1st 2006 Dr House/Swarts/

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
Re: answering your ?'s capt DEb .Pearl
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 04:26:13 pm »
Oh, sweetie, don't worry about your spelling, most of us can't spell for doodlysquat! We just want to help you!
Have you been in touch with the Gamma knife team? I hope someone who knows about Gamma knife and retention cysts can give you some clarity.
You might want to post something in the post-treatment area or the radiosurgery area.
Capt Deb
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 04:36:10 pm by Captain Deb »
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Battyp

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 04:35:22 pm »
I have one....I was told it's just a fluid filled sac where the tumor used to be and nothing to worry about....

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 05:52:35 pm »
Linda, what have your docs told you about the status of your tumor? Is it growing, swelling from the GK, shrinking? Any signs of necrosis? My feeling is that a tumor that doesn't "glow" on an MRI with contrast is necrotic (dying.) I had a post surgical MRI and I had a glowing spot that was the fat pack. No AN to be found.
Capt Deb
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 05:57:23 pm by Captain Deb »

lmurray69

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2006, 08:07:17 pm »
that is great .NO he hasnt told me anything.. but i have my mri on disk so i measure it and it is 1.2cm X0.8
it was 9mm has grown .. the ct ones glow really bright .but the mri has never glowed that i know of..
radiation feb 05, gammaknife, tumor is 1.2x0.08/ surgery Nov 1st 2006 Dr House/Swarts/

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2006, 08:09:57 pm »
I just spoke to someone who is experinced with radiation, and she confirmed that if your tumor is not glowing on your MRI that it is probably dying, not necessarily shrinking, but dying, which is a very good thing. The symptoms  you are experiencing, dizziness and so on, are experinced by many radiosurgery patients and usually resolve themselves as your other balance nerve compensates.  Maybe some physical therapy would help you.
Capt Deb

lmurray69

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2006, 10:19:50 pm »
 I take therpy for my other problems , I pray that you are right..thanks for all the info..