Author Topic: New member, don't know if I have AN yet.  (Read 3441 times)

Jaxsmom722

New member, don't know if I have AN yet.
« on: June 14, 2014, 12:45:59 pm »
I'll try to keep this as brief as possible, so I don't loose anyone's interest in my symptoms.
One year ago today my right ear clogged up. I have been to my PCP, two ENTS, a Chiropractor and a Neurotologist. Over this year I have been treated for an ear infection, rounds of antibiotics and steroids, nasal sprays, antihistmines, I tried warm and cold compresses, Tylenol and Advil, had CT scan of sinuses as well as temporal bones, had a slit put in my ear drum as well as a tube. No treatment has alleviated the fullness in my ear. I had 2 hearing tests and have a slight hearing loss, but was told it could be age related. I am 57. I have no ringing in the ear, and my balance is fine, and no dizziness.  I charted the humidity levels and barometric pressure for about a month too.
After all this time most days I don't notice the fullness, but I know it's there, some days it's worse than others.
I am going for an MRI this week, with and without contrast, and I hope I have AN, so the 12-month medical mystery will be solved.
The Neurotologist mentioned a benign tumor, and my research brought me to the AN site, and this forum.
Just a footnote, that is nerve related.....from the period of July 2012 to October 2013 I had ocular migraines, no pain, just the visual distortion, on the right side only, once a month like clockwork.

Thank you for reading my story.

robertwh2

• Personal Blog
Re: New member, don't know if I have AN yet.
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 08:17:14 pm »
Don't take this wrong I pray it is not a AN. I am no doctor but there are other things less evasive that I would hope would be the cause. 

Prayers for you and your unanswered medical issues.
Diagnosed Feb 2010 with 2.3cm x 3.2cm left side AN
Trans Lab May 26, 2010 tumor had grown to 4.5cm, University of Michigan
Subsequent MRIs are clear
Left single sided deafness

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 11:43:27 pm »
Hi there!  So yes, I am with Robert's comment...you do NOT want this AN! :)  It's not a good thing to have.  There are many things out there that share similar symptoms of an AN, so it could be a number of things.  But the MRI will definitely let you know if you have this or not.  Keep us informed.  Fingers crossed! :) Good luck
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston

Jaxsmom722

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 01:27:56 pm »
I got the results of the MRI and there is nothing wrong with my ear, no tumor shown. So I am back to square #1.