Author Topic: Funny Story Post Op  (Read 2837 times)

Pamm659

Funny Story Post Op
« on: June 11, 2014, 09:16:27 pm »
I have a funny story to share...I had Translab for a left 1.4cm AN March 19, 2014 at Kaiser San Diego with Cueva and Mastridomas and returned to work May 22, 2014.

My first week back to work in Home Health Physical Therapy, I was at the home of a 90 year old man who lives alone in a totally 1970's home, who doesn't drive and is pretty far from neighbors and stores. I wanted to call and see if I could get him Meals on Wheels services and asked to use his phone since I left my cell in my car. I also asked him if he had a community phone book. I found a number that was listed under a title close to what I was looking for, picked up the phone receiver to call it. Only there was no dial tone so I pushed the button that hangs up the phone about 4 or 5 times and still nothing. Then I realized I had the phone up to my deaf ear...ha. I then called the number using my good ear and the number had been disconnected. After looking at the date on the phone book did I learn why...the phone book was from 1992.

Life is good...

MG

Re: Funny Story Post Op
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 10:05:35 am »
Glad you are back to work already Pamm659! Cute story. I still am on W&W and do have some hearing loss in my left ear and I always use my left ear for talking on the phone. I am always saying "pardon me"and then realize I need to switch ears. I am sure we all do that! :)
Resides Inverness, Fl.
Diagnosed w/ AN tumor Aug 2013  9x5x6mm
 2016  1.3 CM Touching Brain Stem 
'Wait and Watch' is over. w/ symptons of tinnitus along w/ ear pain and pressure most every day. Will be having Cyber Knife in June 2016

TexasSprinter

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 10:51:19 pm »
I've answered the phone many a time on my deaf side--enjoyed your story!

CS

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 11:56:36 am »
Hi Pamm659

Love to know more about the procedure you had... I was just diagnosed with AN last week and reside in San Diego, too!
Diagnosed: 06/04/14
12mm x 6mm x 7mm AN
Seeking best treatment option! :)
09/24/14 Retro-Sigmoid Removal

Pamm659

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2014, 12:52:22 pm »
You can read my story under POST TREATMENT 3 1/2 WEEKS POST OP. Get a cup of coffee or a water cause I am wordy...best of luck and holler if you have questions.

michelle d.

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2014, 06:29:40 pm »
....haha...I can't count the number of times I've put the phone up to my deaf ear!!
Acoustic Neuroma on right side--removed Nov. 13th, 2009 @ Strong Hospital, Rochester, NY....Translab.   50 years old

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2014, 11:46:05 pm »
Ha! That was funny indeed! Aren't these AN's wonderful, and how they make our lives interesting? As they say, if life gives you lemon, make lemonade! :)
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston