Author Topic: Phonak CROS hearing aids  (Read 2302 times)

robertb

Phonak CROS hearing aids
« on: May 13, 2014, 10:07:34 pm »
Just purchased the Phonak CROS hearing aids. My hearing is much better as I can hear from my deaf side but I don't like having the 'compilot' which is used for bluetooth and switching programs. Also, my audiologist charged me $4000 for them (ouch). I have read older threads and it seems like I've paid too much. Anybody have current info on these aids? Is there another CROS aid available that doesn't need to have a satellite devise to carry with you? Thanks for any info. Robertb
"Everybody's got plans... until they get hit".- Mike Tyson 
11mm AN diagnosed Nov. 2012, Severe hearing loss, always dizzy. Gentamicin injections, still dizzy, Translab surgery scheduled 2-27-13

dcb1956

Re: Phonak CROS hearing aids
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 02:46:22 pm »
I had a hearing test yesterday and it was determined I had moderate to severe hearing loss in my left ear. No surprise.  My right ear has normal hearing except for some high ?? sounds. I have had ringing in my left ear for 5 years but it has not bothered me much until recently when it has gotten louder. My right ears seems to be gearing up to start ringing. The woman who did my hearing test recommended the Phonak CROS and said the cost was $2800.  I don't know what is covered in that cost - programming, fitting, office visits, cleaning, batteries etc.  It is only warranteed for 1 year.  I am in New Hampshire.  My insurance would pay for one hearing aid per ear BUT I have to meet my $3000 deductible first and I have not spent anything toward my deductible.  I am waiting to hear from my doctor who is supposed to call me when he gets the results of my hearing test. I was wondering if you can get a prescription for a hearing aid and then shop around like you can for eye glasses.