Author Topic: Neural Therapy, Heard of it?  (Read 2037 times)

Still standing

Neural Therapy, Heard of it?
« on: September 04, 2014, 08:58:44 pm »
I am thinking of having neural therapy with injections into both scars. I had a translab 2yrs ago with a resection. The scar on my head looks good, the one on my pelvis is raised and the skin above it is still swollen. I am relatively young and a Pilates instructor, also a mom to a 3yr old. (You can imagine how lack of balance, fatigue, the tinninitus, which I no longer have consistently and all of the other wonderful side effects of AN have effected my life.) Anyway, I am having discrepancies in the muscles on my right and left sides. I have heard neural therapy "jump starts" "resets" the muscles and breaks up the scar tissue.
My hesitation is that if everything in my head is firing on all cylinders, then could the tumor get bigger...
I never want to have surgery or Gamma Knife again and I'm young and I'm a mom and I'm scared a lot. I hold my breath btwn MRI's. My new normal isn't awful. Should I just accept it or do I continue to seek remedies that could enhance my life?
Thanks for reading.

PS if anyone out there seeks acupuncture for post op recovery and you live in NM. Dr. Jishuan Hoa is gifted. Also my surgeons were amazing and I credit them for saving my life.
3cm AN diagnosed July 2012 brain stem compression/significant hearing loss
Translab Aug 2012, Presbyterian Hosp with Dr.'s Horn and Metzger
6mm AN post op Gamma Knife April 2013
Deaf on rt.side, pressure, numbness, tingling, fatigue, cheek and eye tightness