Author Topic: Resuming "normal" physical activites  (Read 2331 times)

Rhcdad

Resuming "normal" physical activites
« on: December 31, 2015, 09:48:19 am »
I am slightly over two months in and have facial issues and cannot close my surgery side eye but walking and doing my excersises. Any issues with doing light/moderate weight lifting? yoga? head below heart that sort of thing. How about bowling, to early or go for it? Feel the need to start stretching and moving body back to where it was any risks.
2.54 cm tumor
TransLab @ House Clinic
Surgery 10/27/15
Numerous Post Surgery Issues

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
Re: Resuming "normal" physical activites
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 10:08:26 am »
Hey there, and welcome to the forum!  It's always good to start getting physical as soon as you can.  Just don't overdo it!  The thing to do is contact your doctor and ask him what you can and cannot do.  Everybody on here all have unique experiences so it would be hard to tell you exactly what you can and cannot do without knowing where you are at in your journey.  The big rule of thumb for ANYTHING you do is simply to just listen to your body.  It's still healing and will take quite a while to do so.  So try getting hold of your doctor and keep us updated on how you are doing.  Take care!
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston

LakeErie

Re: Resuming "normal" physical activites
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2016, 10:40:49 am »
For myself, I would be leery of anything that raises pressure in my head where I just had recent surgery without medical clearance from my physician.
4.7 cm x 3.6 cm x 3.2 cm vestibular schwannoma
Simplified retrosigmoid @ Cleveland Clinic 10/06/2011
Rt SSD, numbness, vocal cord and swallowing problems
Vocal cord and swallowing normalized at 16 months. Numbness persists.
Regrowth 09/19/2016
GK 10/12/2016 Cleveland Clinic
facial weakness Jan 2017