Author Topic: I finally got it!  (Read 2219 times)

heyyouconnie

I finally got it!
« on: July 12, 2005, 07:08:55 am »
Hooray!! I finally got it! My social security disablity! Yep, only took me 1 1/2 years! I have osteoarthritis in my knees, and will have to get both replaced one day. And I started my claim with that as the ailment. But it was denied. I started to get a lawyer, but court appointments were 1 year behind. So about 2 months later, the an was discovered. So I applied for that and my knees. Social Security collected all the reports from all my docs (knee and an) and the hospital. Well, after waiting about 5 months, I found out last night that I am approved. I received a letter stating that my medical was approved but were waiting on non-medical. What ever that is..... so I called the office and it was to check to see if I had worked enough in my life to received benefits, and she approved it right on the phone. I just started crying. I started to wonder what would it take to get social security if brain surgery wasn't enough. So, for all of you trying, don't give up hope! I know that a study was presented to Social Security on the hardships and effects of AN surgery on June 11, so maybe they know more about it. Let's hope so............