Author Topic: Johns Hopkins  (Read 2286 times)

SteveS

Johns Hopkins
« on: August 21, 2005, 11:27:06 pm »
JH is an outstanding hospital with an excellent reputation - - ranked #1 for 15 consecutive years.  HEI is an outstanding medical organization with an excellent reputation and many former patients that speak highly of its physicians and staff. 

I need to make a decision soon as to which institution should be my first choice.  It is clear from reading comments in this forum that HEI is highly recommended by former patients.  I am interested in similar comments from patients that had AN surgery at JH.  I would also like to know if some of you chose HEI over JH and why?

I know that research is important and choosing the surgeon and facilty is critical to success.  LA is a long trip and I have concerns about how post surgery complications would be handled. 

Any comments from those who have already made this decision would be appreciated. 

Thanks!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Johns Hopkins
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2005, 12:46:48 pm »
Hi Steve:

I'm familiar with JH overall, but not with their neuro team... I'm located in Boston and have great resources here... familiar with Duke's work as well..... will keep an eye on this thread as I'd be curious as well.

Be well! :)
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

SteveS

Re: Johns Hopkins
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2005, 08:52:29 pm »
Hi,

Thanks for the comments.  I am surprised that more members have not had AN surgery at JH.  It would be nice to hear about the experiences of those that have.

I have asked my family physician for advice, but it is too soon for him to have replied.  Thanks again!

Steve