Author Topic: Cros Hearing Aids  (Read 2840 times)

Goldineye

Cros Hearing Aids
« on: July 03, 2005, 10:44:10 pm »
Hello, I am new to this discussion forum and was just wondering if anyone has the Cros Hearing aids.. I see a lot of you have the Baha but I am too scared to get them. My surgery was so rough I could't think of getting another for the implants.I was left deaf in left ear,The docters severed my facial nerve and don't know how they did it. So I am paralyzed on the left side of face. I needed a seconed surgery to put a 24kt weight  in my eye lid to help it close and my eye had to be stiched closed in the corner for infections. I have been treated by optomologest for many infections so that didn't work too well!And headaches all the time. I have had balance issues and continuee to have them to a certain degree. All I asked the surgeons was to keep my smile and they took that from me. I am going for my 1year MRI an I have so much anxiety . I just want to hear that every thing is great and then I can relax for another year untill the next MRI. Well if any one knows of a place on Long Island New York for the Cros Hearing aids let me know.Sorry to go on and on but I am glad to have found a web site that we can share all . Thanx for listening Goldineye
Lori
3.5cm removed April7,2004
N.Y.U, New York

marie

Re: Cros Hearing Aids
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2005, 04:06:31 pm »
In December, 1967 I had a large left side AN removed.   The 7th nerve was severed:  face paralyzed on left, left eye wouldn't blink or close all the way.   Two months later they did a 7/12 anastomosis (sp?).   I think they probably have made many improvements in this procedure by this time.    Then in summer of 1969 I had a temporalis transplant.  I never see anyone reporting having had this procedure, but it sure worked for me.  It's been all these years and so far, I've had no real problems with my eye.  I  am prudent with my activities --still stay out of the wind or any moving air, etc.

surgeries : back of head 1967,1987
               translab 1991
               bone reduction 2002
               7/12  1968
               temporalis transplant  1969

russ

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2005, 05:04:57 pm »
Hi
  I had a cross aid. They were then low technology and not digital as today's Widex and Phonaks Wi fi. If I were a candidate for a BAHA, I'd try to forgoe my fears here in lieu of increased performance and ultimate happiness. Implanting the titanium post can be done under local anesthesia, I believe. Entific is the manufacturer.
  Russ

Goldineye

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2005, 10:48:57 pm »
Russ, Thanks for the info on the cross aids. How long ago did you have one? And what do you have now? You seem to be very knowledgable on this site.I enjoy reading all the info I can get.  How big was your  tumer and what if any problems were you left with? Thanks  Goldineye
Lori
3.5cm removed April7,2004
N.Y.U, New York