Author Topic: Is anyone up for making a Discord?  (Read 37 times)

StarryNights123

Is anyone up for making a Discord?
« on: July 16, 2024, 05:54:51 am »
I've been diagnosed with an AN on my left side, and many people here have left their opinions, pre and after treatment. However, many of the people have left, do not visit the forum and are thus not contactable anymore.

Discord is far more mainstream than forums these days - young people primarily use it and it allows people to keep in touch.

I feel that a platform where people can converse in real time and share their experiences, pain and life stories would help a lot of people, including myself.

Is anyone willing to join a Discord? I wouldn't mind mind making one and potentially transferring ownership to ANA if it tends to be useful, but I don't want to infringe any rules here.

donjehle

Re: Is anyone up for making a Discord?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2024, 05:48:28 pm »
Hi StarryNights123!

What did you ever decide about starting a Discord? I didn't see any response.

And I don't know about any rules the ANA would have.  One of the moderators would have to speak to that.

But, if you start one, please post it here so that anyone who wants to join it would know where to go.

Thanks so much for thinking out of the box!
Don
Burning Tongue, Loss of Hearing & Balance, and Tinnitus led to MRI. Very small AN found on 11/23/2021
While watching and waiting, lost significant hearing. WRS now at 12% (down from 100%). Was fitted with CROS system on 3/7/22.  Stable MRI on 7/29/22
No treatment yet.