Author Topic: FSR in SF Bay Area  (Read 3400 times)

Marsha

FSR in SF Bay Area
« on: April 25, 2005, 09:32:38 pm »
Hello.  I'm new to this site.  I have been on wait & watch with an AN for 3 years. Recent MRI showed growth. Tumor is now 8.5 mm, & I need to take action.  Middle Fossa surgical approach has already been suggested, but I am checking into alternatives, before I decide.  Can anyone suggest a center of excellence for Fractionated Stereotactic Radiosurgery (FSR) treatment approach in San Francisco Bay, where I can be evaluated & possibly treated?  Thank you, marsha

Mark

Re: FSR in SF Bay Area
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2005, 09:31:00 am »
Marsha,

Stanford was where I had my AN treated 3.5 years ago. I also live in the bay area and felt that was the best place to go because of availabilty of the Cyberknife. Steven Chang was my neurosurgeon and John Adler is the designer of the Cyberknife. Either of those guys are excellent. UCSF also now has a Cyberknife, but I'm not sure who the docs are there

Mark
CK for a 2 cm AN with Dr. Chang/ Dr. Gibbs at Stanford
November 2001

matti

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2005, 02:55:34 pm »
Mark - I had a 3.5 cm removed in 1998 at Stanford. I went to the California Ear Institute at Stanford. Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg were my surgeons. Dr.Chang sounds very familiar, is he on staff at the Ear Institute?

marsha - have you been to the California Ear Institute yet?

matti
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Mark

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2005, 12:46:42 am »
Dr Chang is an associate professor of neurosuregery at Stanford. Steinberg is also on the faculty of Stanford and is generally considered a world class neurosurgeon. Roberson is the principal owner of the California Ear Institute and pretty much focused on surgery only. Chang usually recommends radiosurgery for AN's where possible from what I see, but when he does surgery he typically works with Robert Jackler who recently came over from UCSF , is House clinic trained and is probably the most published on AN's. When I met with him 4 years ago Jackler had done well over a 1000 AN procedures. I understand Roberson is also very good but I am not familiar with his expereivnce level
CK for a 2 cm AN with Dr. Chang/ Dr. Gibbs at Stanford
November 2001