Author Topic: I'm back!  (Read 3193 times)

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
I'm back!
« on: December 28, 2006, 12:40:12 pm »
I too am back from London ! .. and the streets may never be the same  ;) ... Did a fair amount of driving over there on the wrong side of the road .. my AN cooridation did pretty good with the stick shift ! my father in law was with me driving shotgun giving me navigation turns so I did not have to look for signs etc.. only needed to concentrate on the "circles"  8) ...

4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

Battyp

Re: I'm back!
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 12:53:44 pm »
You are one brave soul!  Heck I can't even handle the roundabout locally and that's driving on the correct side of the road  LOL  Welcome Back..what did you bring us?  Cookies? chocolate? cookies and chocolate  LOL 

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 01:45:51 pm »
sorry I missed you there Joe... and THRILLED I stayed away from your side of town if you were driving! :)

the UK will never be the same since our departure! :)

P
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Joef

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2006, 02:25:47 pm »

I realized something ... since I was driving on the right seat of the car, and shifting with my LEFT hand .. and my RIGHT hand is the one with the coordination loss (right side AN) its no wonder I had no problems shifting .. (I have not driven a stick in YEARS) .. now the rear view mirror on the left is another story   >:(

Obita

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2006, 03:55:50 pm »
Welcome back Joe.  We missed you.

I can't imagine driving over there.  Do you get the hang of it after a while?  Or is it constant stress????  I know I will need to do it when I visit Ireland.  I'm not looking forward to that part of the trip.

Kathy

Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

Palace

• Palace
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2006, 04:09:12 pm »
Joef:

WELCOME BACK........IT LOOKS LIKE REGULARS ARE REALLY MISSED; I MISSED YA!  Congratulations on your safe return.

Pal
22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2006, 05:53:22 pm »
Welcome back Joe!  What a wonderful thing, spending a holiday in England!  I hope you ate lots of yummy food and enjoyed yourself (and stayed away from those jellied eel things!). 
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

lmurray69

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2006, 05:59:48 pm »
Welcome back Joef I am glad that you took on such a challange. sounds wonderfull.. Linda
radiation feb 05, gammaknife, tumor is 1.2x0.08/ surgery Nov 1st 2006 Dr House/Swarts/

Joef

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2006, 06:05:02 pm »
Thanks Gals...

Ã‚  taking your time and having a driving partner helps ..to give directions and remind you to stay on the left side ..  its all not that bad ... but I can see if you need to make a fast choice and rely on instinct ... one could make the wrong choice...

Ã‚  I passed the first (and correct) turn for a gas station, and pulled in the exit instead! and came face to face with another car leaving ... I made the "American" choice on instinst and swerved right .. (the wrong choice) we both stoppped, I'm sure he saw the big AVIS sticker on the window.. and went around me ...  the tip is, dont be forced to make a quick choice .. because odd are.. it will be wrong!  ;)
 Ã‚