Author Topic: Nonspecific vascular enhancement indicated on MRI  (Read 2431 times)

lthompson

Nonspecific vascular enhancement indicated on MRI
« on: July 26, 2005, 02:17:12 pm »
I was diagnosed with a 5mm AN on my left side in March of 2004.  In July of 2004 I had another MRI and was told no change in AN by my neurosurgeon I was seeing at that time.  I received my films at that time, but I never received a copy of my MRI report.  In June of 2005, I started to have some new symptoms so I had contacted my ENT about these symptoms and he asked me to send him my most recent MRIs and report.  I picked up my July, 2004 report and I read it for the first time.  In the report it had indicated that there was a "slight enhancement in the right internal auditory canal that was nonspecific.  It could represent a vascular enhancement, recommend follow up serial exam to confirm this".  When I read the report I was very upset that this was never mentioned to me last July and secondly I was concerned that something was starting to grow on the other side.  I did have another MRI done this past March and nothing was indicated to me at that time as well that showed up as far as another AN on the right side.  When my ENT doctor received my films he said that it was probably a vascular loop on the July 2004 films and didn't see anyting on the March MRI films and said he didn't think it would amount to much and that I shoudl just follow up as normal with my yearly MRIs to monitor the left side AN.  But I was wondering if any of you have ever had this mentioned in your MRI report about a vascular enhancement on your opposite side of your AN and if so, did it every amount to an another AN? 

wanderer

Re: Nonspecific vascular enhancement indicated on MRI
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2005, 07:35:47 pm »
I had non specific enhancement on the flair series.  Possible glioma,   second mri showed the same enhancement possible infiltrative process.    Nothing conclusive.   

My AN doc's all said it was nothing,  the neurosurgeon said it was something, but they just weren't sure what.   whether it is important or not is still to be determined.