Author Topic: New to Forum  (Read 3113 times)

redgrl

New to Forum
« on: December 17, 2006, 12:54:44 pm »
Hi Everyone!
This website has been a great help for me. Im so glad i found it. Have had alot of ups and downs. Everyone seems so positive and upbeat it helps me out alot. I am a stay at home mom and get very lonely because none of my friends have kids and with all the problems from my AN surgery not to sure if i can go back to work. Been enjoying my time at home with my 3 year old but he is confused of course and doesn't understand why I am tired and all that. Anywho just wanted to say hi and thanks for having a great place to go to when you need help or just chat.  ;D
4 cm left side AN. Translab Sept 20th 06 at virginia mason w/Dr. Backous & Dr. Nussbaum. Second surgery Oct 15th 06 to repair CFS leak.

Lorenzo

Re: New to Forum
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 12:57:22 pm »
HI Redgirl,
Nice to have you amongst us. :) A bit of odd circumstances to under which to meet people, but you couldn't have come to a better place!
All the best, Lorenzo

Palace

• Palace
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 01:20:20 pm »
Welcome,

I felt like I was a new person, only a few months now but, it does seem longer if you find the time to be active. 

A warm welcome to you!

I thought about putting my picture up but, being from LA, I'm afraid to breath and give away my identity.  It is a scary world out there. 

Let's keep this forum safe and sound.  (clean)  It is a wonderful and friendly place to be.

Palace
22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness

Lorenzo

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 01:25:28 pm »
I can't figure out to put an image of me from my computer to the board. No idea.
You think LA is scary? Should see rural Ireland! Oh la la
Ciao
Lorenzo

Obita

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2006, 01:47:56 pm »
Hi Redgrl and welcome:

Gennysmom had the same surgeon as you.....did you loose power this last week?  Sounds like you got it real bad out there in the Northwest. 

My, you sure had a big AN!!  I am curious to know how your head felt prior to surgery with the AN being that large.  My 2.5er made my head feel like it was going to explode.  No pain, just extreme pressure.

Nice to meet you,  Kathy

Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

redgrl

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2006, 02:57:07 pm »
No we got lucky with keeping are power. We have family and friends staying with us because they have no power still. It's nice having the company around. I had alot of nasty headaches and sinus pressure. They at first that i just had a nasty sinus infection. Kept giving me antibiotics and nasal sprays. For over a year! It was so annoying. The only reason i had an MRI finally was because i woke up one morning and my hearing in my left ear was almost gone and all i heard was a constant white noise. It was really freaky! Now i have no hearing and still hear white noise. Its even louder now after surgery. Oh yeah and i had dizzy spells of and on when the pressure was really bad. My regular doc felt so bad she had misdiagnosed me for so long.
4 cm left side AN. Translab Sept 20th 06 at virginia mason w/Dr. Backous & Dr. Nussbaum. Second surgery Oct 15th 06 to repair CFS leak.