Author Topic: Chet and Raydean  (Read 2214 times)

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
Chet and Raydean
« on: February 11, 2007, 07:21:12 pm »
Hello all....Had a nice long talk with Raydean today...she is hanging in there, going to hang out with a girlfriend tonight.  As many of you may know Chet was in the Navy, and wished to be interned at a National Cemetary.  Raydean is working on the details of that and will have the date for that to us and a memorial type service in Montesano tomorrow or the next day.  She is going down to start a college fund for her grandson tomorrow that she would like donations sent to in lieu of flowers, or you may make donations to the ANA in Chet's name.  I'll have the college fund info soon.  Aaron and his "Poppa" were very close...Aaron is very important to Chet and it's what he would have wanted.  I think the obituary is set to run in the paper tomorrow or Tuesday, and I will post it if I can.

Will add more when I know details....thanks again for your thoughts and prayers for the Bledsoe family.

Hugs to all...Kathleen
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

matti

Re: Chet and Raydean
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 09:21:20 pm »
Thank you for the update Kathleen. Please send my love to Raydean when you talk with her.

hugs,
Cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Peanut

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 07:16:10 pm »
Kathleen, I so appreciate, as I'm sure we all do, your updates and all you've been doing for the Bledsoes.  I've been away since Thursday in Boston (a taste of urban life for the country bumpkin) and just learned news upon return last night. Have been offering up prayers and wearing the socks Cheryl sent me (thanks again, Cheryl), sending notes to Chet and Raydean (whom I've not had the pleasure of meeting as so many of you seem to have); I can only reason that the blessing was for Chet to linger no more, for suffering to end.  So many threads, tiredness advances, but someone give my good wishes to Phyl, too; though I know that's another thread, I'm not going to last... 
Peanut/Wendy
3.5 cm AN total resection via suboccipital  April 2003 Barker & McKenna, MGH Boston one week, two weeks Spaulding Rehab
silicone punctal plugs in lower puncta for dry eye,
persistent post op head pain
Acupuncture, craniosacral treatments, Tramadol   200  reduced to 150, now 100mg. daily Feb 2007

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 08:43:59 pm »
Thanks Wendy!  The family is having that private service at the cemetary, but will be having a public Celebration of Chet's life on March 3rd, in Montesano, at a time yet to be determined.  Let me know if you're interested in attending, I can pass on the details once I get them.  Thank you everyone!
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar