Author Topic: Quick Update on Tim  (Read 2611 times)

kf3994

Quick Update on Tim
« on: February 24, 2007, 03:50:27 pm »
Hello All...

It's been a crazy 2.5 weeks since dad's surgery.  He wound up having to stay quite a bit longer than the 4-5 days they projected, not because of anything directly related to the surgery - nothing skull or an related at least...but because of GI issues that presented basically due to the narcotic-based pain meds & the fact that he is confined to a wheelchair & not able to get up & walk around to get everything going & all.  He was FINALLY relesed this past Wednesday & sent to a local rehabilitation hospital (fortunately it's 10 minutes north of my home).  However, today is day 2.5 there & he called to tell me they are transporting him back to Moffitt to repair a csf leak.  It has not worsened over time...it's just not getting any better at this point.  He told me & my hubby that this is quite common for those who experience the type of surgery he had.  They are "planning" for him to be back at Moffitt for only a few days & then they'll send him back to the rehab hospital...We'll just see how it goes at this point.  I seem to have lost track of what day it is at this point - ya' know how they say "When it rains, it pours"??  We have some other major family stuff happening on Mom's side of the family too, but this too shall pass & we are leaving everything in God's hands.  I'm a firm believer that He will not put more on us than we can take...if it seems to be too much, He will make a way to lighten the load.

My sister, the nurse left here Friday to head back home to San Fransisco (can't wait to visit her with our mom in May).  Will be in touch when I know more.

You all take care, & keep the thoughts & prayers coming.

Chat with ya' later,

Kendra 

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
Re: Quick Update on Tim
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 05:55:27 am »
Kendra,
We're keepin you all in our prayers.  I'm sorry your Dad has had such a tough time of it.  Tell him it is prayers and pirate sox from the AN er's.
Hugs,
BrendaO
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Obita

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 06:29:09 am »
Hi Kendra:

Thank you for the update.  Please give your Dad a hug for me.  We know he is one tough cookie so the lastest
issue shouldn't hold him back for long!! 

Also, please tell him we miss him and look forward to his first postie post. 

Snowed in FINALLY in Minnesota,  Kathy
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

kf3994

Re: Quick Update on Tim...More News.....
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 07:04:43 am »
I was unable to post this last night when I got home, but here's some great news I received while I was out...

It turned out not to be csf afterall, it's what they call seral (sp?) fluid.  It's fluid buildup that it coming from the healing of the outer tissues of his body.  They did take him back to Moffitt late yesterday afternoon, however they drained something like 80cc of fluid from the area & sent him back to the rehab hospital!!!  YAY!!!  ;D He said they will monitor him for the next few days & try to determine whether or not they will have to take him back to Moffitt to do the minor procedure to seal the leak.  But at this point, he's back "home" (at least for the next 3-6 weeks)...

God has still got His hand on us.  Thanks for your thoughts & prayers.

Kendra

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007, 10:00:43 am »
Hi Kendra,

Thank you for this update... and please give dad my very best for a speedy recovery.  Sending thoughts and prayers for his wellness... and for strength for you and the family.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

pearchica

• Hey!
    • Political Chic Chat- an Independent Political Cocktail for Women
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 10:50:30 pm »
Hey Tim and Family- take care of yourself- you will all be in my thoughts and prayers- Annie
Annie MMM MY Shwannoma (sung to the son My Sharona by the Knack-1979)
I have a TUMAH (Arnold Schwarzenegger accent) 2.4 x 2.2 x 1.9CM. CK Treatment 2/7-2/9/07, Stanford- Dr. Stephen Chang, Dr. Scott Soltys