Author Topic: Partial Return of Hearing Pre-Treatment?  (Read 2046 times)

Ronnie

Partial Return of Hearing Pre-Treatment?
« on: March 09, 2007, 02:44:08 pm »
I have posted before.  Diagnosed with 2.5 mm AN approx 5 weeks ago.  Symptoms of severe dizziness and loss of hearing with constant tinitus brought on at one week into having pneumonia.  Word recognition at time of first hearing test was 48%.  Noticed last week improvement in hearing and had a repeat hearing test and am now at 84% word recognition but still have constant tinitus and am still dizzy, however not as severe. My local ENT thinks I have two problems the tumor and an autoimmune response to the middle ear as a result of the pneumonia.  I have seen one expert and at the time that my hearing was worse and attributed everything to this tiny tumor.  Am scheduled next week for another opinion with another doctor.  Anyone ever hear of hearing improving?

pearchica

• Hey!
    • Political Chic Chat- an Independent Political Cocktail for Women
Re: Partial Return of Hearing Pre-Treatment?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2007, 02:22:20 pm »
Hi Ronnie: not sure if I have seen an improvement per say with hearing. I have seen an improvement with my jaw line not throbbing as much post CK treatment- but then I also think that could be stress related.  However, I had 92% speech discrimination going into the procedure.  I still need to figure out my hearing test and what it all means, but from what I can gather, hearing is measured in three frequency levels and from the best I can tell, one of my "volume" frequencies are off by about 50%.  My tumor is about the same size as yours, but I haven't experienced any dizziness, just a low hum tintinitus and the throbbing jaw line on occassion.  keep us updated on your progress. I found out about mine in an effort to clear up my sinuses as my left ear felt full... take care, Annie
Annie MMM MY Shwannoma (sung to the son My Sharona by the Knack-1979)
I have a TUMAH (Arnold Schwarzenegger accent) 2.4 x 2.2 x 1.9CM. CK Treatment 2/7-2/9/07, Stanford- Dr. Stephen Chang, Dr. Scott Soltys